• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

rape is about power not sex (2 Viewers)

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
why rape = power is such a big thing for feminists
because they look out for women and women are often the victims of rape is why it's a big deal for them would be my first guess

second guess would be that the implicit declaration when you say that sex isn't about power, it's only about sex, brings both sexes down. It says that women are at fault for some reason by dressing/acting in some way (which is the part that they care about) and that men will get sex consensually or not because they want it. Have you ever tried to put your dick in an un-lubricated, or not-lubricated-enough vagina? Shit *hurts* bro. I'm convinced that there's no way a dude would do that to themselves, let alone the woman, if there wasn't something extra there apart from the sex.

But that being said, there is sexual gratification in some forms of rape. Rape isn't just "bash over the head and put dick inside and then slit throat after ejaculation" or what have you. Like stampede just said, it can be someone who agrees initially and then changes their mind (which they're entitled to do) but one of the parties doesn't care and proceeds without their consent. There might be no initial consent at all. Certain persons might not be determined to have the facility to provide actual consent for the act that they're doing because they don't realise the gravity of the situation, children, drunks, etc. Some might be under duress/coercion, however I don't really know/have a stance on whether this is a case of rape or not.

I don't think this cuts one way or the other. Sex isn't that clear cut and neither is human psychology (which is the essence of the issue here). Rape can sure as shit be about sex, but it can certainly also be about power instead. A lot of feminists are dumb however, which should answer your question pretty clearly.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
i dont get why looking out for other women therefore would compel a feminist to decry the notion of rape being about sex

cant you just think that rape can be about sex but still want to look out for its victims regardless

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
also the left operate on guilt a lot

use guilt and the state apparatus to shame people into changing their behaviour/views re: everything

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
because they look out for women and women are often the victims of rape is why it's a big deal for them would be my first guess

No, that is a reason for rape per se being a big deal.

It says that women are at fault for some reason by dressing/acting in some way (which is the part that they care about)
Well maybe that is a reason, but it is a load of shit because that is not implied at all. All that is suggests is that the man found the woman attractive, not that it's her fault for being attractive.

and that men will get sex consensually or not because they want it. Have you ever tried to put your dick in an un-lubricated, or not-lubricated-enough vagina? Shit *hurts* bro. I'm convinced that there's no way a dude would do that to themselves, let alone the woman, if there wasn't something extra there apart from the sex.

Then basically what you're necessarily saying is that rapists derive sexual pleasure from the the 'power' aspect of the rape, and enough to reach orgasm in spite of the pain of unlubricated sex. Which is dumb.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
rape is about power

oh btw um going to drug this girl to make her unconscious so I can have sex with her

oh god the 'power' rush i'll get from that!!

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Wait, so if you have sex with a drunk person it's rape? Fuck.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
yeah bro

if you're drunk you don't have to take any responsibility for whom you have sex with

unless you're a male of course

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
i wonder if its true that bigtime male celebs get girls theyre about to fuck to sign contracts saying it was consensual

really good idea imo

Lentern

HSC
i wonder if its true that bigtime male celebs get girls theyre about to fuck to sign contracts saying it was consensual

really good idea imo
Because contracts drawn up while parties are drunk so often carry the full force of the law?

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
Well maybe that is a reason, but it is a load of shit because that is not implied at all. All that is suggests is that the man found the woman attractive, not that it's her fault for being attractive.
you're fighting preconception with more preconception

you realise that's stupid right

Then basically what you're necessarily saying is that rapists derive sexual pleasure from the the 'power' aspect of the rape, and enough to reach orgasm in spite of the pain of unlubricated sex. Which is dumb.
why is that dumb
rape is about power

oh btw um going to drug this girl to make her unconscious so I can have sex with her

yeah okay so obviously you ignored literally half my post and go off on your own tangent again

and also obviously you aren't really a rapist and are trying to project normalcy onto someone who doesn't have the same psychological makeup as you or me
Wait, so if you have sex with a drunk person it's rape? Fuck.
No, not necessarily. The point about that is if they're under such a heavy influence of any substance, they're not likely to remember their own name let alone be able to consent to sex with a random dude who is more than likely taking advantage of the situation

really good idea imo
That *seems* like a good idea

But the mere accusation of rape is enough to sully people's entire careers. Some girls in schools have done it to their teachers/principals to get back at them for whatever reason. They were proven to be 100% innocent but they were never able to return to teaching.

cosmo kramer

Banned
HSC
But the mere accusation of rape is enough to sully people's entire careers. Some girls in schools have done it to their teachers/principals to get back at them for whatever reason. They were proven to be 100% innocent but they were never able to return to teaching.
what a patriachy and a sinister rape condoning RAUNCH culture

Last edited:

Funky Monk

HSC
N/A
rape is about power

Of course it doesn't make sense you gronk.

It's pretty fucking hard to rationalise rape which is why it's typically done by irrational beings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)