• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Rate the use of technology at your school. (2 Viewers)

BackCountrySnow

HSC
schools will invest so much money in technology but it's not put to much use at all. Most of my teachers are retards when it comes to computers and need help plugging in the dvd players :p

I think it would be better to invest in some technology but train the teachers how to use them so they are used to their full potential..

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
BackCountrySnow said:
schools will invest so much money in technology but it's not put to much use at all. Most of my teachers are retards when it comes to computers and need help plugging in the dvd players :p
Lol. The funniest thing was when one of the teachers at my school tried to put a dvd into a video player!

notaaron

HSC
emytaylor164 said:
it depends
i know at my school all the year 7 students have a macbook and i think that they do not know how to use them making them useless.

Overall technology is very very good

I think for certain things it is good we use the projectors all the time at school and that is good.

It all depends how it is used i think that we are becoming to dependant on technology
Magdalene is the sweetest technology school in the state.
Do you know how advanced your system is.
With the mad dvd/entertainment system in EVERY room.

I moved from that, to sharing 15 tvs in the whole school.

hollyy.

stop looking at me swan.
HSC
technology at my school is ok
we have 4 computer rooms scattered around the school + library has 2 computer sections (enough for one class each)
we also have COWS (computers on wheels) laptops here and there to be hired out
we have two multimedia rooms with big screens + some classrooms have projectors
umm i think the music block has a smartboard, but i never go there
+ we have an intranet and email system

getting more laptops soon from rudd plan.

but so cranky today when i was in the library in free working on eng when this stupid fat trainee teacher kicked me off the computer because "i booked this section and yr 9 have a major task due." wtf its yr 9...who cares

me121

Premium Member
HSC
i would agree with what most of you are saying. these smart boards are a total waste of money. there is nothing you can't do with a ordinary comp+projector, and a whiteboard.

the government gives schools these technologies is useless when the teachers don't even know how to use them and teach. they should invest their money in getting or training teachers who can use and teach technology.

emytaylor164 said:
it depends
i know at my school all the year 7 students have a macbook and i think that they do not know how to use them making them useless.
wow, it mustn't be a public school then.

HSC
Hollieee said:
Our school is average, tech wise, but apparently next years year 7's are all going to get an iPod touch each? Instead of laptops, because the laptops are too expensive.
How educational.

Aplus

HSC
N/A
You can sync notes and audio books onto iPods though. *Pre records essay to go and memorise*

Rhanoct

zzzzz
HSC
average; doesn't really hold us back or anything.

shiny things are nice though :)

karnage

HSC
Pretty good i guess.

Smartboards, multimedia cabinets etc.

We've used smartboards every single maths lesson since i begun yr 11. Guess its pretty useful, teacher can save the files, send it to us and stuff. Hes pretty handy with the smartboard.

white ferret

HSC
my school is obsessed with tech, its crazy! it's like they NEED to update at least half the computers every year or two, when they're perfectly fine to start off with!
we have smartboards scattered across the school, but it's only ever helpful in maths. anyone ever thought of what will happen to the smart boards if someone took the pens?

HSC
^ nothing, you can write on them with any hard object. it decides what colour by the one thats missing off the bottom.

we're supposed to be getting a smartboard in each of the faculties, altho i think so far we only have on in hsie and maths... but are getting one in science...

TunaFish

HSC
We have about 4 rooms that are fully equipped with computers, including the library.
Half the classrooms are fitted with various forms of technology like smartboards, etc.
But most of the teachers don't know how to operate them, so...

bawd

HSC
We have limited technology at our school. There's lots of computers, and lots of recently bought laptops, all of which lag like hell. :mad1: (I hear the internet speed is over 100mb/sec but when you're sharing that on a network with a few hundred students...) There's an intranet which provides details and notes for certain courses. The most technological area of our school would be the IT block, Social Sciences and the Library. There is also a TLS, where the room looks like a mini Uni-lecture hall and there is a projector, making it great for presentations and lectures. But that's about it.

6.5/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)