• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

RE: All BigPond Broadband Users (particularly Cable) (1 Viewer)

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Is it just me or has Telstra really had their network services changed for all of us ?

I received an error message in my login client saying "account disabled", until I was offered to uninstall the login client and can access the internet without it, just by opening my web browser (Firefox or IE).

Did of you BigPond users experience this too ?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
All you need to do is install the moderm drivers I had though? These last couple of months Bigpond is reconstructing their plans, services etc.. at the moment most Bigpond users have unlimited downloades.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
I bored of the net anyway, fuck it's boring. What is there to do?

All I do is download random PDF books from Demonoid, like the last one I downloaded was, how to unlock handcuffs without a key.

Kabeio

k.
HSC
Is everybodys usage meter still working? mines been stuck at like 2002mb for the last month i think.

Kabeio

k.
HSC
s-AINT said:
I bored of the net anyway, fuck it's boring. What is there to do?

All I do is download random PDF books from Demonoid, like the last one I downloaded was, how to unlock handcuffs without a key.
Possible a very limited knowledge of websites on the net?

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Yeah, I seem to be going round in circles, list some good sites then.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Kabeio said:
Is everybodys usage meter still working? mines been stuck at like 2002mb for the last month i think.
My account usage metre has been sitting at 0 for the last 2 months. I have downloaded much more then 100GB's, and still have not been slowed.

I think the reason why I stick with Bigpond is because the consumer service. I like the fact that they respond quickly to services, and 12GB's per month is enough for me.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Did they trick you with their special deals... $14.95 for the first 6 months or something?
We'd rather pay $30/month for the first 6 months than the full price. We needed broadband, strangely, the prices we were charged for dialup was almost equivalent to what we are now paying for cable.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
f3nr15 said:
We'd rather pay $30/month for the first 6 months than the full price. We needed broadband, strangely, the prices we were charged for dialup was almost equivalent to what we are now paying for cable.
Depending on how fast you need it to be and how much quota you use, it wouldn't be much more than $30/month for the entire length of the contract. If you add it up over 24 months you are spending a lot more.

Do the plan search and see:
http://bc.whirlpool.net.au/bc-plan.cfm

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
seriouslt thought the first post would be: lol u fucking idiots telstra sucks

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
They're removing the Telstra Login Client as it seems to have alot of problems for users.

Now, just turning on your comp, you'll be connected to the net. Just uninstall Bigpond Cable login and restart and use the net as normal.

Justin

HSC
My internet is hell slow.

PAINFULLY slow. We had the technician out. He said it was because of a rusty outlet.. Replace it.. Yet it's still slow even after a restart. It only started screwing up once i removed the login client. Not sure why it's doing it.

I guess i will have to ring them up .. AGAIN.

Forbidden.

Banned
HSC
Justin said:
My internet is hell slow.

PAINFULLY slow. We had the technician out. He said it was because of a rusty outlet.. Replace it.. Yet it's still slow even after a restart. It only started screwing up once i removed the login client. Not sure why it's doing it.

I guess i will have to ring them up .. AGAIN.
I'm experiencing something similar with speed too.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
Anyone noticed that the usage bar has been replaced with the word, 'unlimited'? I think (not positive) that Bigpond’s changing the 12GB Liberty plan to unlimited. I know it's unlimited now, but it's usually slowed after 12GB's. So maybe, just maybe, they may no longer be slowing their costumers.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
s-AINT said:
Anyone noticed that the usage bar has been replaced with the word, 'unlimited'? I think (not positive) that Bigpond’s changing the 12GB Liberty plan to unlimited. I know it's unlimited now, but it's usually slowed after 12GB's, so they may no longer be slowing their costumers.
I doubt they would do that. No one has truly unlimited plans anymore. If anyone did people would sign up then download 200gb/month and its just not worth it for the ISP.

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
iamsickofyear12 said:
I doubt they would do that. No one has truly unlimited plans anymore. If anyone did people would sign up then download 200gb/month and its just not worth it for the ISP.
Yeah, but hopefully they will reconstruct the plan so that users can download what they like, without being slowed for the duration of the month. I would rather be slowed at certain times of the day, peak etc then use 12GB's and be slowed to 64kbs for the duration of the month. It's fucked, seriously, especially with the amount of websites incorporating flash, and wav, and mega .gifs-12GB's is gone in 20 days.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
s-AINT said:
Yeah, but hopefully they will reconstruct the plan so that users can download what they like, without being slowed for the duration of the month. I would rather be slowed at certain times of the day, peak etc then use 12GB's and be slowed to 64kbs for the duration of the month. It's fucked, seriously, especially with the amount of websites incorporating flash, and wav, and mega .gifs-12GB's is gone is 20 days.
I don't think so. What they do now is most effective for them. They don't care about customers... they care about themselves. You get to either put up with the slow sleep or change ISP's. They aren't going to change it to make it better for you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)