• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

re-enrolling after failure (1 Viewer)

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
okay, question. sorry if it's been asked already.
i'm undertaking bachelor of policing. i failed sociology in the first semester due to an accusation of plagiarism on my major essay. anyway question posed:

when I re-enrolled for next semester, am I supposed to re-enrol for sociology, as well as the other subjects for Year 2, or will UWS take care of the repeated subjects on their end, as I was initially told?

j_davo24

HSC
AFAIK it's your responsibility to get the failed unit completed. It doesn't matter when you do it (unless it's a pre-requisite for another unit) as long as it's completed before it's time to graduate.

You will need to enrol in it yourself, however if you want to do 5 units in the semester you will need to get permission from your course coordinator.

SiZmOs

"Shaken, not stirred."
HSC
thanks mate. so i dont necessarily have to do it autumn semester year 2?

Kulazzi

HSC
I don't think so. You can wait until the end of your degree to complete it. One of my friends is in her 3rd/4th year but she was doing a level 1 unit, but I'm not sure.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
You can re-enrol in the subject any time throughout your degree, unless it is a pre-req for any other subjects.

Theres two options:
1) Enrol in 5 subjects during one semester so you can graduate on time. If you do this I'd recommend that you do it in second year, as third year with 5 subjects in one semester can be a handful, trust me on that one. You will need your course co-ordinators permission though.
2) Do the subject at the end of your degree, however this means that you stay behind for an extra semester just to complete 1 subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)