• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Realistically can I get 99.6? (4 Viewers)

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
To apply for medicine. I think I went well in the umat, so hopefully my atar can be lower to get into Medicine
Even if you don't get in, do Medical Science or Science (Adv.) and transfer into med. There are other ways in. ATAR is a joke.

cub3root

HSC
N/A
Even if you don't get in, do Medical Science or Science (Adv.) and transfer into med. There are other ways in. ATAR is a joke.
yeah sadly this. People with atars lower than the actual cutoff get in. Even I got into eng/Sci (not really sure what I'm doing) and I was a few below the cutoff. Mind you I did apply for bonus points and scholarships and got them but in the end if you get like at least 70 and then do well in 1st sem/year you can be doing what you want by the start of next year

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
it looks good but no one talks about it after 3rd week at uni. The ones that are; I usually don't make friends with.

Catholic Studies (NON-ATAR)
HAHAHA same, can't stand ppl looking down on me

yeah sadly this. People with atars lower than the actual cutoff get in. Even I got into eng/Sci (not really sure what I'm doing) and I was a few below the cutoff. Mind you I did apply for bonus points and scholarships and got them but in the end if you get like at least 70 and then do well in 1st sem/year you can be doing what you want by the start of next year
Yep, the cutoff for my course was 91, many people got in who got like 81s....
Also, my course doesn't offer any bonus points besides the GWS one. No subject bonus points at all.

cub3root

HSC
N/A
HAHAHA same, can't stand ppl looking down on me
it's not the fact they look down on me (because I am literally a foot clear of most people :p) but it's more the fact that they're like "ahh I am better than everyone else" and " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrfhjLd9e4 ". In the end I got a better mark than that stupid obnoxious baulko and syd boys knob

Yep, the cutoff for my course was 91, many people got in who got like 81s....
Also, my course doesn't offer any bonus points besides the GWS one. No subject bonus points at all.
goes to show that cutoff's are heavily inflated (aside from med). If the current "system" worked then tecnially I shouldn't even be in eng/sci.

(UNSW pls don't withdraw me)

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
In the end I got a better mark than that stupid obnoxious baulko and syd boys knob
Ohhh man how good is it when they realise they can't rely on their horse shit rote learned essays and end up scraping a pass.

"There was too much maths in that chemistry exam"

cub3root

HSC
N/A
Ohhh man how good is it when they realise they can't rely on their horse shit rote learned essays and end up scraping a pass.

yeah they have no more overpaid tutor to rely on. Now everyone is on a even playing field and if you want to learn you will learn

the bolded part: i thought that about physics but now I learn it rather than memorise what i need to know. even though I still failed, I learned something

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
it's not the fact they look down on me (because I am literally a foot clear of most people :p) but it's more the fact that they're like "ahh I am better than everyone else" and " https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhrfhjLd9e4 ". In the end I got a better mark than that stupid obnoxious baulko and syd boys knob

goes to show that cutoff's are heavily inflated (aside from med). If the current "system" worked then tecnially I shouldn't even be in eng/sci.

(UNSW pls don't withdraw me)
Hahahaha. You should have seen the kids at UMAT, all these kids in their Ruse Jerseys and Baulko ugh

Yeah that's the thing. They just get passes.

cub3root

HSC
N/A
Hahahaha. You should have seen the kids at UMAT, all these kids in their Ruse Jerseys and Baulko ugh
I shit you not, there are these Fort street kids at UNSW that still wear their jerseys on Wednesday. I asked one of my old friends that went to that school "why" and he's like "well on wednesdays we could wear out jerseys".

Queenroot

I complete the Squar3
HSC
N/A
I shit you not, there are these Fort street kids at UNSW that still wear their jerseys on Wednesday. I asked one of my old friends that went to that school "why" and he's like "well on wednesdays we could wear out jerseys".
Omg -_- my Jersey has not seen daylight since graduation lol

panda15

Alligator Navigator
HSC
I thought it looked more professional. but didn't look good with a black blazer and grey pants
Loooool. The only bit of uniform anyone in my year had was the polo shirt.

cub3root

HSC
N/A
Loooool. The only bit of uniform anyone in my year had was the polo shirt.
Our school prided itself on uniform but then again all we had to compete with were the chifley kids

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)