• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Reflection Property (1 Viewer)

Immortality

Rekt by Adv. English
HSC
There are honestly like over 5 different ways you can prove the reflection property! However for HSC they guide you on the method they want to use. That being said, they all take generally the same amount of steps/difficulty so if you know one already, just stick to it is what I'd recommend. Not really what I'd call a "nice proof" due to so many variations/approaches of it.

IR

HSC

Last edited:

IR

HSC
Hey man I would post it but forum woildnt let me cos say photo size too large. But did you check the hsc one? They have nicely set out.

QZP

HSC
Am I meant to know some reflection property t-t

iStudent

HSC
There's a nice geometrical proof in one of the bos trials for a similar question that requires an extra step or so after the final result to get the reflection property. Pretty neat without using too many conics. It was near the end of the paper. Forgot which year sorry.

*I think. I may have recalled incorrectly.

edit: never mind. It actually uses reflection property in its proof xD

Last edited:
Reactions: QZP

QZP

HSC
Wtf u guys make me panic >.> what's so special about it? is it meant to be hard? terry lee has a 6 line proof

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
There's a nice geometrical proof in one of the bos trials for a similar question that requires an extra step or so after the final result to get the reflection property. Pretty neat without using too many conics. It was near the end of the paper. Forgot which year sorry.

*I think. I may have recalled incorrectly.

edit: never mind. It actually uses reflection property in its proof xD
It was the generalised version of the reflection property, where the point didn't necessarily need to be ON the ellipse itself.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)