• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Reformating help (2 Viewers)

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
yeah you have an msi wind too?
yeah mine didnt come with a cd/dvd burner but it did come with 2 or 3 recovery CDs.
so i had to purchase an external usb dvd burner.

im going to format my hard drive during the winter break.
they have a recovery partition too, that is easier if you only wanna format with windows XP

Uncle

Banned
HSC
they have a recovery partition too, that is easier if you only wanna format with windows XP
no, i just need to restore everything back to factory settings, i.e. with windows xp sp3 and the bluetooth, 802.11, lan drivers, etc restored at the same time.
there are tonnes of stuff accumulated beyond belief including countless lecture note scans, failed program installations, etc.

mcflystargirl

HSC
N/A
no, i just need to restore everything back to factory settings, i.e. with windows xp sp3 and the bluetooth, 802.11, lan drivers, etc restored at the same time.
there are tonnes of stuff accumulated beyond belief including countless lecture note scans, failed program installations, etc.
that is what the recovery partition does, your wind is as if you just got it out of the box

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)