• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Related Text For Immigrant Chronicles?! (1 Viewer)

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Hey Guys :)

I need help in finding a written related text for Immigrant Chronicles, something that is easy for me to relate belonging and the poems.
Please Help!
I've been searching on the internet for ages and its soo hard to find one!

Any help is good help!

Sunners

HSC
Uni Grad
I'm not sure what your school thinks but at my school we've been told that using a film is fine and so far I've used 'The Kite Runner' (2007) as a related text. It's good because it is also about migrants who move to the Western world from their war torn homes and similar ideas can be drawn from it as with Immigrant Chronicle.

SGSII

HSC
Uni Grad
Cos for our first assessment we have to find both written and visual related text. So far I have my visual, but its written that im stuck on finding :S

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Have you considered using an article for the written piece?

Personally I used a SMH article on PNG for one of my related texts. I assume the Immigrant Chronicle focuses heavily on migrant, culture etc. which you could probably find a good, long feature article to analyse. Alternatively though, the related text can be very different. I used Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro and could link it to RMF which is about immigrants also.

Dash8

HSC
I used Tim Winton's novel "The Turning" and Joel Zwick's film "My Big Fat Greek Wedding". The film is quite simplistic but there is a LOT to do with belonging in it (family, culture, place, self identity) so you can relate it back to a lot of questions :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)