• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Related Texts (1 Viewer)

Riverina

HSC
Heading into trials i've been having a number of problems with my related texts for AoS.
I've found that the texts i've chosen don't really fit a lot of the questions that are given but I managed to get good marks with them before. Should I change them? If i'm gonna change it I wanna do it now and not after trials. I'm not sure if I have enough time to prepare new ones though :(
Has anyone else encountered similar issues? And if you did how did you deal with them?
By the way my prescribed text is As You Like It by Shakespeare :D
Sorry if I posted this in the wrong spot btw :O

Thanks!

- Riv

Riverina

HSC
Just commenting so people see my post again :) would be nice to get some replies! :D
Will be very grateful for help!

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
What are you related texts? And what are you prescribed text per module?

I'd keep trying to adapt your related texts to the questions and get feed back from your English teacher..

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
You should change them if they are hard to fit with the question

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I think it might greatly assist us in giving you an informed reply if you can tell us what your related texts are and how you related them to as you like it... because sometimes it is not necessarily a case of changing your related text, but rather finding clever ways to relate your related text's conceptual concerns to the specific essay question.

Riverina

HSC
Ok thanks for the suggestions guys, I decided that it was simply too hard for me to deal with my main related text so i'm now doing a film :)
Any advice with how to deal with films in general?
I also decided to keep my other related text since they usually only ask for one.
Sorry for the vague questions btw, my relateds were a bit random so it probably wouldn't have helped much anyways.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)