• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Relationship Mathematics (1 Viewer)

Jeebs

HSC
is it true as quoted in sex and the city that:

time to get over him/her = total relationship time % (divided by) 2

e.g. a couple went out for a year and the time in which it took for them to get over eachother counted around six months

any thoughts or just utter crap???

bubz :D

the last laugh
HSC
hmmm... not true.

my last relationship lasted over a year, and i got over it after about a month or so. that could be because i ended it, though.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
yeah i think it depends on what the relationship is like and who ended it etc. if you, like bubz, were the dumper, you'd probably get over it faster than the dumpee.
it also depends on what kinda person you are and if you get over things quickly or not.

SweetSeasons

HSC
it's been bout a month n a half since my ex dumped me.. n we went out for 3 months.. n i'm still not over him. Every night I go to sleep hoping he'll think of me again one day.. o well

Jason Bourne

HSC
N/A
Have no clue why my posts were deleted, but let me word it again in a 'lighter' fashion: You must be an idiot to describe a relationship with a definitive, objective mathematical formula.

Collin

HSC
N/A
SweetSeasons said:
it's been bout a month n a half since my ex dumped me.. n we went out for 3 months.. n i'm still not over him. Every night I go to sleep hoping he'll think of me again one day.. o well
You mean the one who keeps shitting on you and telling his new gf that you're a slut? Or maybe that was another guy. Either way, seems like you can't get over dickhead ex's. Move on!

Emly

E.T
HSC
well i went out with my ex for 12months.. 6months later im over him. took a while

but yeah, it depends on how attached you were, who broke it off and why

alby

cool duckie
HSC
Ranger Stacie said:
i agree with this theory
i don't. it definitely depends on how strong the relationship was, the individuals (personality, inner strength, etc etc), and if you were the dumper or dumpee.

i was over all of my ex's within a month of breaking up. the first one, i was over it (WAY) before it was off. i had a 2 week fling within a couple of weeks after breaking up with number 2, so i guess that helped getting over him. and number 3 (the fling) was easy to get over because we both knew that there was no chemistry, etc.

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A
Jeebs said:

e.g. a couple went out for a year and the time in which it took for them to get over eachother counted around six months

why would you get over him if you love him? are people who are married not in love with eachother?

MzbLaZeIT

im am teh seks.
HSC
Jeebs said:

hmmm never heard this one!
dont know if it works for everyone?
me and my boyfriend recently broke up, (8months relationship)
its been about a month, im kinda over it 100%.. ok its up to 80% lol
i still think about him, i do.. but you gotta live + move on!

SweetSeasons

HSC
Collin said:
You mean the one who keeps shitting on you and telling his new gf that you're a slut? Or maybe that was another guy. Either way, seems like you can't get over dickhead ex's. Move on!
A different guy... this guy's never done anything wrong by me. I have been over that other guy since the day we broke up.

azzie

so delicious...
HSC
sparkl3z said:
why would you get over him if you love him? are people who are married not in love with eachother?
sometimes people who go out dont love each other. sometimes they think its love, and then they meet someone else and they find out its not love and they like the other person more. and sometimes some relationships grow stale and boring and people just get sick of being in the same routine or pattern all the time.

you know not everything is perfect.

alby

cool duckie
HSC
sparkl3z said:
why would you get over him if you love him?
no matter how much you loved someone, you've got to get over them sometime - you wont have any fun if you're still clinging onto a relationship, 6+months down the track
sparkl3z said:
are people who are married not in love with eachother?
1) we're not only talking about people who're married - most of the people on here haven't even THOUGHT about marriage yet
2) not all married couples are completely in love with eachother

Lundy

Banned
HSC
I think the people, feelings and general situations involved in relationships are far too diverse to be simplified through a blanket mathematical equation.

There are also varying degrees of 'getting over' someone. I don't think it's common for someone to wake up one morning and realise that 'wow. I am now completely over my ex.' I don't think it works that way. Some people can easily detach their feelings quickly while others may be more sentimental and need some time.

Jason Bourne

HSC
N/A
Ranger Stacie said:
i agree with this theory
On the topic of troll accounts, I'm thinking Ranger Stacie made Jeebs.

brogan77 said:
Mr Bourne, you said it perfectly yesterday, yet the mods deleted it. :( ILLOGICAL, ENTIRELY ILLOGICAL.

You cannot apply an objective and universal mathematical formula to a subjective and emotional concept like relationships.
Wow, you have lyke photographic memory, just like me! :eek:

ElGronko

Not premium
HSC
WHYTHEFUCKARETHEMODSTRYINGTODESTROYOURFREEDOMOFSPEECH?!?!?!?!

WHY CAN'T WE HAVE OUR FUCKING OPINIONS HEARD DICKHEADS!?!?!?!?!?!

lol/

Jason Bourne

HSC
N/A
Yeah, I don't know why they deleted my posts. I mean, sure I called Jeebs an idiot and a moron.. and a plethora of other derogatory terms, but they were all clearly justified.

I mean, Sex and the City.. LOLOL!!!!!11111111111

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Jeebs said:

It's been mathematically, statistically and emperically proven using studies of thousands. It's exactly the same every time.

Seriously though, it depends on emotional attachment as well as how strong you are, reasons for break up, etc.

santaslayer

HSC
If you were the dumper, you would of gotten over the other person before you proposed the break. Yes?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)