• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Repetitive use of the same source (1 Viewer)

Croompets

HSC
Just wondering if we would get marked down in the hsc for repetitive use of the same historian. An example is i'm atm doing Agrippina and historian Anthony Barrett has written a book about her. I've read it and it contains a lot of useful quotes etc and i constantly use him in essays, so his basically my only modern source. Would we get marked down for repetitive use of an historian

sinophile2

HSC
N/A
It weakens the integrity and credibility of your assignment and suggests you haven't done wide research.

ArtemisOrthia

HSC
It weakens the integrity and credibility of your assignment and suggests you haven't done wide research.
This.

Best to use as many sources as you can. Plus especially with the personality section of the syllabus there is quite a lot of controversy regarding the selected personality, and 'better' candidates will utilise the debates amongst Historians to further support their answers (especially in the 15 mark question of Section III).

If you're struggling reading more widely, study guides and resource notes on this site would contain a number of different Historians which you could remember the quotes of and insert them into your answers.

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
Try asking your teacher for any recommendations on the topic you're currently studying. Using only one modern source of evidence does not show good research skills to the markers, and possibly indicates that you've not read beyond just the one source and considered other ideas/theories/etc. Try to find some sources that agree with your source, and also so that provide some opposition to it, so you can bounce off the two.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)