• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Right To Life (1 Viewer)

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
that's terrible. Kids that age are far to young to have an real idea of the issues, and if it's appropriate to have a right to lifer, why not someone who has REAL experience, such as a girl who's had an abortion. I thought sex ed was supposed to be about helping mature people to make informed choices. Not telling little kids that abortions are evil.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
LadyBec said:
that's terrible. Kids that age are far to young to have an real idea of the issues, and if it's appropriate to have a right to lifer, why not someone who has REAL experience, such as a girl who's had an abortion. I thought sex ed was supposed to be about helping mature people to make informed choices. Not telling little kids that abortions are evil.
We had a woman come into our school who had had an abortion and she went on about how she felt so guilty and mournful over her baby.

LadyBec

KISSmeCHASY
HSC
at least she knew what she was talking about...
although I meant that perhaps they should show the good side, as well as the bad.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
i think that the issue isnt as simple as that. women should be eduated as to all the issues and risks about pregnancy and abortion, because i know a girl in my year who had an abortion and it ruined her emotionally, and now she will prob be infertile.
i also know a girl who just became pregnant and will be 5 months at the end of the hsc, and although i think it is irresponsible to get pregnant this young, i also pity her morning sickness, not to mention childbirth. she wont be persuaded to have an abortion however, and we all respect her choice.

i dont think political campaigns should be made in schools, especially as the right to life is a christan based group, and not at all removed or authorative.

K

katie_tully

Dude. They're 10 year olds. They're not educating them on the risks of pregnancy. They're giving them a lesson on conception to birth, and what a miricle the human fetus is, followed by a demonstration with life sized dummies of fetus's. Now if that isn't bullshit propaganda, I don't know what is.

Oh wait, I know...giving them replica's of a fetus's foot is.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
katie_tully said:
Dude. They're 10 year olds. They're not educating them on the risks of pregnancy. They're giving them a lesson on conception to birth, and what a miricle the human fetus is, followed by a demonstration with life sized dummies of fetus's. Now if that isn't bullshit propaganda, I don't know what is.

Oh wait, I know...giving them replica's of a fetus's foot is.
yes it's ridiculous. its the anglican church.

K

katie_tully

They're not allowed to mention abortion. They don't need to mention it when they do all of that.
We're talking about 10/11/12 year olds.

K

katie_tully

I thought it was the Catholic church..........................The Angelican's aren't vocal enough to take their right to life shit to schools.

AlleyCat

Singing me and Julio
HSC
katie_tully said:
I thought it was the Catholic church..........................The Angelican's aren't vocal enough to take their right to life shit to schools.
it might be, i'm from catholic heritage but my school's anglican and catholics usually talk about the topic regarding going to hell and sinning, anglicans are the right to life's and they have all the posters and the mini foetesus etc. i think so, anyway.

not only is it innapropriate to talk about abortions with young children (from my recolection they talk about the live body of the baby and all) it is also pointless, as they are too young for it to be relevant to them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)