• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

*ripping out hair* Help!! (1 Viewer)

Gummy_bear

HSC
if you go below average in one subject, how much will that affetc your UAI?
because i do ancient history, but i dropped it in year 11, coz the teach said i could still get a UAI and i didnt bother checking it out myself, silly i know.
then i found out 2 terms later from the board of studies that i couldnt get a UAI. it happened to about 5 ppl in my year, and coz i need a UAI, i had to take on ancient after missing 2 topics.], hard ones too. so, i can expect not to go great.
how much will this affect my UAI?
the other subjects i do are: english standard, senior science, general maths, drama, catholic studies (only coz my schooll made me ande it doesnt count) and photo (also doesnt count) im going quite well in both science and maths, and resonably well in english and drama. my science teacher says that i can expect a band 5 or 6 and so does my maths.
again i ask: will i get a low UAI just coz of ancient?
please help me, im really stressing!

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
don't stress...just make sure you work really hard to catch up in Ancient and dont neglect your other subjects... *maybe the ones that dont count* You still have plenty of time to catch up, maybe you could ask your teacher to help you out....just dont panic...there is no reason why if you dont work hard you shouldn't do well :)

With the UAI question I am not an expert on the subject by any means but since you are doing really well in your other subjects you shouldnt be too badly effect but if you want a good result you'll need to catch up...good luck with it all

If you dont think it is possible, I joined a French class in year 9 and the whole class had been doing it since year 8...I had to catch up myself and ended up comming equal first in the 1/2 yearlies... all I did was spend the holidays revising...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)