• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

RU486 - Abortion Pill (1 Viewer)

Generator

HSC
N/A
There's nothing necessarily wrong with the anger, I just think that there are more constructive ways to channel it.

As for those some generally associate with the Hillsong Church, apart from asking such members to try and write in a form of English that the rest of us can comprehend, there's not much that I can do.

Last edited:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Generator said:
2. If someone is to engage in a debate, then it is only fair that they do so through a single account.
Sure thing Ms Stott Despoja ;)

K

katie_tully

Quote of the day from some bean head, I can't remember her name but it made me chortle on my orange juice.

"We are aborting ourselves out of existance".

I could write 6 pages on why she is wrong, and I can write 11 pages on why she is stupid...but it appears as though I am too lazy to do either.

And whoa, Generator is a mod? I like your anti anger techniques Generator, unfortunately deep breathing exercises don't work to chanel everybodys anger. Dang nabbit, sometimes you've just gotta get on the net and abuse some twit.

erawamai

Retired. Gone fishing.
HSC
katie_tully said:
Quote of the day from some bean head, I can't remember her name but it made me chortle on my orange juice.

"We are aborting ourselves out of existance".

I could write 6 pages on why she is wrong, and I can write 11 pages on why she is stupid...but it appears as though I am too lazy to do either.

And whoa, Generator is a mod? I like your anti anger techniques Generator, unfortunately deep breathing exercises don't work to chanel everybodys anger. Dang nabbit, sometimes you've just gotta get on the net and abuse some twit.
Why hello ms tully

We have a thread to discuss Danna's interesting comments

http://community.boredofstudies.org...itics/102307/ru486-will-make-us-muslim-4.html

K

katie_tully

Sunrise just replayed the quote for me. I missed the part where she said we're going to become a Muslim country if we abort ourselves out of existance. I don't know whether to laugh, cry, or chortle some more juice out my nose.

And hullo fellow BOSers :D I'm doing my first year of uni by distance, so I might be around a bit more often. /end random off topic comment

Cykologi_gal

Psyche...
HSC
It should be made legal to avoid the hassle of surgery, but not over-the-counter. Gosh, so many people are going to go for it 'cos it's convenient! Where would our morals go?

+Po1ntDeXt3r+

HSC
u need a medical followup to give more meds.. and to confirm termination..
and check for complication..

K

katie_tully

Hillsongers lost their funding from the government coz they double crossed the Aboriginals!
How Christian of them, and such.

K

katie_tully

It was in yesterdays Daily Telegraph. I shall try and source a link.

K

katie_tully

I read it at work. I sincerely apologise that I read an inferior newspaper made from paper, stolen from trees. I know how passionately you feel for tree's rights, absolution*, you cocksucking left wing wench.

K

katie_tully

I don't feel sorry for them. I feel empowered that I follow ideology that allows me to trample on everybody else without feeling remorse. I believe in aborting babies, shooting illegal immigrants and not saying sorry to aboriginals. And I read the Daily Telegraph.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
The bill has passed the House of Reps.

MPs strip Abbott of RU486 veto

February 16, 2006 - 2:00PM

Laws stripping Health Minister Tony Abbott of his control over abortion pill RU486 have passed parliament, clearing the way for the drug to be made available to Australian women.

In a rare conscience vote, MPs backed a bill which overturns an effective ban on the drug.

Under the private members' bill, Mr Abbott's power of approval over RU486 will be handed to the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).

The vote came after two and a half days of emotional debate in which dozens of MPs outlined their reasons for or against the contentious bill.

The majority of MPs also voted against two amendments to the bill, proposed by Liberal backbenchers Jackie Kelly and Andrew Laming, which would have given parliament a say in the approval process. [...]
- SMH

Last edited:

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Meh, the left is dead, buried in a haze of poorly-thought political theory. Huzzah!
The left may be dead as a political force in a congressional or parliamentary sense, but in terms of social reform and widespread activism its increasingly viable. I mean it took 4 years after the commencement of Vietnam for protests to take place, whereas there was widespread protest before Iraq was even formally considered. If that isnt a general trend i dont know what is. Abortion will no doubt go the same way in years to come, as country bumkins and old people are generally phased out of the population through urbanisation and death respectively.

absolution*

ymyum
HSC
Schroedinger said:
I used to think that was true but of Late I've realised a huge amount of young people are being conservative.
Conservative meaning to the right of the spectrum, but still more left than the equal 40 years ago. Like i said its a general trend. Even conservative values have become less conservative. I mean what would happen if the government was to bring back military conscription, there would be uproar. Its not a matter of people populating the spectrum either more to the left or to the right, but rather a shift in the coordinates of the spectrum over time to the left through the force of education and popular will.

Enlightened_One

King of Bullshit
HSC
Schroedinger said:
Fair as, I concur.

So when are they going to do the economically sensible thing and legalise more drugs?
Economically sensible, possibly. But not sensible or justifiable any other way.

Here we go again, the legalise marijuana debate.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)