• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Rudd v Binge Drinking (1 Viewer)

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
*TRUE* said:
It does seem like Rudd is still trying to win a popularity contest. (But he is already PM?)

He wants to increase his popularity, this reminded me of Tony Blair hanging out with celebrities back when he took over as Britain's PM after 18 years of conservative power, and look how celebrities abandoned him (Iraq war = his popularity declined) look at Gordon Brown now, lol.

Edit: Just read an article Rudd is included in TIME's 100's most influential people. A blurb was written about him by you guess it Cate Blanchett, the same loser who said she's ashamed to be Australian because Australia was following America's culture or whatever she said, the same retard who makes a living by playing in American roles, American movies and winning a Oscar....an American award.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Poor old Gordon. He's a bit of a sad apple.... I dont know much about his political career , just that he isnt liked.
Cate Blanchett said she was ashamed of Australia? GRRR. I thought she was so....(for the want of a better word) articulate?

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Poor old Gordon. He's a bit of a sad apple.... I dont know much about his political career , just that he isnt liked.
Cate Blanchett said she was ashamed of Australia? GRRR. I thought she was so....(for the want of a better word) articulate?

She said that when John Howard was in power, typical celebrity, her opinion is like Paris Hilton, irreverent to us real Australians. :)

You know she probably would go around saying now she's proud only because Kevin Rudd is in power, but then if Kevin Rudd loses the next federal to Malcolm Turnbull she'll fly out of this country back to America playing more Queen Elizabeth roles. :rofl:

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
Its pretty sad that someone Aussies might think of as an ambassador for Australia would speak that way ( & PUBLICALLY???) So many celebrities are labour?:confused:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
*TRUE* said:
Its pretty sad that someone Aussies might think of as an ambassador for Australia would speak that way ( & PUBLICALLY???) So many celebrities are labour?:confused:
I disagree with the idea that because someone is a public representative of a country, they can't or shouldn't say anything negative about it.

*TRUE*

Tiny dancer
HSC
N/A
^CoSMic DoRiS^^ said:
I disagree with the idea that because someone is a public representative of a country, they can't or shouldn't say anything negative about it.
You are right, i didnt mean a public representative shouldnt say anything negative - Im just disappointed that Blanchett would say she was ashamed to be Australian.

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
Cate Blanchett as a local resident of Hunters Hill should know too well the greatness of the Liberal Party. I am shocked and dismayed that she could display such anti-Howard rhetoric.

I know where you live Miss Blanchett!

:p Hahaha.

ohdyamo

HSC
Who's responsible?

Parents, who often supply their children with alcohol, or don't control their behaviour.
Us, of course lol.
Our society, and its attitude towards alcohol.

Rudd's solution isn't gonna change anything at all. He just wants to look like he's doing something to address the issue.

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A
Re: Budget to cut tax breaks

Iron said:
lol it would be suicide for them to revoke the 30billion election promise. It's ruled out.
No, they've done some pretty dumb shit so far. Like the alcohol tax. They can get stuffed, I don't think I can handle three more years of their bullshit.

Screw you guys, I'm going to Dubai.

HSC

Besodeiah said:
No, they've done some pretty dumb shit so far. Like the alcohol tax. They can get stuffed, I don't think I can handle three more years of their bullshit.

Screw you guys, I'm going to Dubai.
BS, anyone who complains about an alcopop tax effectively admits their poor taste in alcohol.

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A

Trampoline Man said:
BS, anyone who complains about an alcopop tax effectively admits their poor taste in alcohol.
Oh what, so now we have an Alcoholic Beverage Elitist? I don't think so buddy, my taste in alcohol is perfectly fine. Screw their tax, my double vodka and OJs are more potent and cheaper anyway.

You'll be sorry mang. This raise is just the first of many. First alcopops AND THEN THE WORLD.

HSC

Besodeiah said:
Oh what, so now we have an Alcoholic Beverage Elitist? I don't think so buddy, my taste in alcohol is perfectly fine. Screw their tax, my double vodka and OJs are more potent and cheaper anyway.

You'll be sorry mang. This raise is just the first of many. First alcopops AND THEN THE WORLD.
Yes, I suppose that explains why you dilute it with OJ and other fruity nonsense?

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A

Trampoline Man said:
Yes, I suppose that explains why you dilute it with OJ and other fruity nonsense?
Why would you drink it straight? What madness is that? Not only does it taste like shit straight, but it's not enjoyable at all and defeats the purpose of going out. Atleast when it's diluted you can make it past 1 am without having already passed out with your pants down around your ankles in the toilets.

Just because we're obviously not all as hardcore and as much of an alcohol connoisseur as you doesn't mean our alcoholic experiences need to be dampened with a 70% tax increase.

HSC

Brilliant, the downtrodden alcopopaholics have come out to play.

Perhaps I should have mentioned my distaste for spirits in general, and that my favourite drink is Tooheys Old?

Who's the elite now eh?

Besodeiah

Banned
HSC
N/A

Trampoline Man said:

Perhaps I should have mentioned my distaste for spirits in general, and that my favourite drink is Tooheys Old?

Who's the elite now eh?
Tooheys Old?

You really should just end it all right now mang. Or go and lick some tar off the road.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC

Trampoline Man said:

Who's the elite now eh?
Just wait til they jack up the price of beer...

dieburndie

Eat, Sleep, Repeat
HSC

Trampoline Man said:

Who's the elite now eh?
They make tooheys old by pouring the contents of ashtrays into new...

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Well, I drink an Australian beer by the name of "Victoria Bitters". Maybe you've heard of it? Wait a minute, of course you haven't you fucking scummy philistine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)