• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Rules for Customers (2 Viewers)

HSC
what better way too stop it than too fix it yourself! everywhere i go shopping, if i drop something i put it exactly where i found out, and sometimes i see that the item has been placed in the wrong one (usually right next too it) and ill just put it back

i get so much of a shithole at tool shop because customers decide that drill bits naturally go with water pressure cleaners

soha

a splendid one to behold
HSC
yeah customers shopping at a supermarket
dont dump your cold items in the magazine or confectionary stand right infron of my face next to my register
just give it to me and tell me you dont wnat it so i can put it back in the cold section
how stupid?...do u really think im gonna care if u give it back..i hate you more when u leave it without telling me...

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
our store is always running out of the normal size bags..leaving us with bags too small or giganticly big...customers get so shitty...its kinda amusing though seeing how they react to having to carry the bigger sized bag...many appear mortified

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Through this whole thing I will continue to add rules which mesh with random customers of the working day so..

22. When a young teenage boy walks in the store and I happen to stare after him, it isn't because he is an ex boyfriend of mine or because me and him are in a relationship (hooking up or otherwise)...It is cause it is a signal to the person who is on the floor that they have shoplifted before. You, as the customer have no right to comment on my relationship with a random customer! Furthermore, if you proceed to do so WHILST giggling because you forgot your greenbags, I will possibly hunt you down (from your frequent customer code address) and stab you late one night.

23. You are by no means allowed to attempt to hit on me at all. If you come in and ask my number, you will almost always get an 'Im taken' in response, and if you attempt to enquire about my number to another member of the register staff, you will get an answer such as 'Your too fat, go away!' or 'I don't like you,' or even 'She can do so much better than you and your friend put together.'

Looking forward to installing the next parts of my random rules in the future ;)

HSC
glycerine said:
fuck i hate green bags. i no longer give a flying fuck about the environment, plastic bags are approx. 600 times easier to pack.

new rule: you bring your own, you pack your own.
agreed. :)

HSC
TaEkWoNdObArBiE said:
23. You are by no means allowed to attempt to hit on me at all. If you come in and ask my number, you will almost always get an 'Im taken' in response, and if you attempt to enquire about my number to another member of the register staff, you will get an answer such as 'Your too fat, go away!' or 'I don't like you,' or even 'She can do so much better than you and your friend put together.'

Looking forward to installing the next parts of my random rules in the future ;)
how about pick up lines, im trying to refine some

Care for a large greek salad?
or in a fast food store
care too upsize that greek salad?

ill be a pimp in no time

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Casmira said:
ill be a pimp in no time
You already are...don't doubt yourself.

more rules...

24. Give me courtesy and respect. It is my job, and even though I'm getting paid for working here I still deserve to have my basic human rights met. For example. If you ask to have change for $50 that to ME sounds like, 'Can you change a 50 dollar note.' It is not my fault if in some weird twisted way that means 'Can I have 50 dollars cash out' Especially when I'm unsure and I ask for clarification and then you say 'No'. Then...at the end of my transaction where I attempt to point out to you what you said, dont scream at me. And then, even though you are completely rude to me, and I STILL offer to fix things up, dont storm out and say 'Thanks for nothing, I'm never coming back here.' (BTW...after this happened I started crying)

25. If I happen to start crying whilst at work after being viciously treated by a bitchy customer, please, I know your trying to be nice, but don't ask me whats wrong. Somebody being nice makes me cry more. And, don't say things such as 'You look terrible' because then I will possibly stick a plastic bag over your face to cover your obvious disfigurements and mask your stupid 'Winfield Blue' cigarette breath.

HSC
TaEkWoNdObArBiE said:
You already are...don't doubt yourself.
duh! stupid me for not thinking so

i have a story for those out there;
the simple way bunnings work is that different stores around sydney (strategically) have more wider range in some products, for example bankstown has more timber because of the demand of timber there, rockdale has a wider range of power tools because alot of tradespeople live in rockdale (manager was telling me this)

So we have a small range of safety equipment (eg. respirators), some guy was searching for something, and I asked him if he needed any help, he ignored me, I didn't really care because i was in a good mood and kept on packing the shelf, the then got the shits and punched the stock a few times then walked off, turned around and saw me and i called him a spastic

what the hell is with people abusing stock!

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
telling me that u want a bottle of the same thing u bought last time, and telling me only that the wine is red, isnt going to help me find the same bottle, i'm more than happy 2 help, but i need more information than the colour of the wine, that only eliminates 50% of the store.

futher, dont say u want a cheap bottle of wine, then wen i show u one say 'no, i want something a little more expensive' then wen i show u one, say "i want one cheaper"
grrrrrrr

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
TaEkWoNdObArBiE said:
so true!...

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
please dont throw your cartons of coke/pepsi/solo/lemonade onto the counter when my hand is there.. and if you do so happen to completely smash my hand with the carton against the scanner then please.. apologise rather than standing there watching me in pain

ace

is retired
HSC
Fastfood stores;
don't leave your half-eaten shit/chicken on the table not on a tray and in a mess. There is a bin for a reason use it, there is a tray for a reason use it. Don't be beliggerant and act like your a damn king/queen, as though we're meant to walk after you cleaning up your mess.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
i can't stress this enough

ASK FOR CASH OUT BEFORE SWIPING YOUR CARD AND ENTERING YOUR PIN, AS SOON AS U BRING OUT UR CARD SAY 'AND CAN I HAVE XX DOLARS OUT PLEASE"

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
townie said:

ASK FOR CASH OUT BEFORE SWIPING YOUR CARD AND ENTERING YOUR PIN, AS SOON AS U BRING OUT UR CARD SAY 'AND CAN I HAVE XX DOLARS OUT PLEASE"[ /size]

I do this because I'm used to maccas. I'll probably keep doing it for this reason.

HSC
_Bushra_ said:
I had some old guy saying "I smelt beautiful" (cus i was wearing vanilla)

:S eww
OMG yes!

I was working once and taking down some guys order when he looks at me and goes: "What are you wearing?"
I was completely freaked out, and it took me a while to figure out that he was asking about perfume, not underwear.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
for supermarkets (apologies if its been done before):

If you pick something out of the cold section like for example, yoghurt or milk, and then decide halfway through your shopping experience that you no longer want it, PLEASE for goodness sake PUT IT BACK WHERE YOU GOT IT!! dont just dump it on some random shelf! there is a reason we put perishable food in the cold shelves - because they are PERISHABLE, they will ROT if you leave them next to the biscuit aisle for us to clean up! its nasty! so put the yoghurt or whatever back where you found it, or failing that AT LEAST put it somewhere vaguely in the cold section so i dont have to hold back the vomit when i retrieve it.

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
More rules:

26. When I look tired do not tell me how tired I look, also, do not ask me how my night was last night and then wink at me. You make me feel cheap and easy, even though I probably spent last night reading a classic novel or on BoS anyway.

27. Is it such a hard decision to make whether you want one bag or two? When I ask you 'Do you want it all in the one bag?' PLEASE...do not spend ages deliberating. Suddenly it seems that since you have the 'option' to have one bag or two you are going to have to weigh up the pros and cons of each situation. AND....once you make your decision, IT IS FINAL. I don't want to get all of your items into one bag and then you say 'Oh no, better make it two.' It is time consuming, annoying and extremely irritating.

28. The same goes for when I ask you if you want your meat seperately. If I didn't give you the option in the first place and just put it in a seperate bag would it actually make a difference? The same for putting it in the same bag. How many customers actually say 'Can I have my meat seperate?' 2 out of 10 in my experience.

29. When my conveyer belt mysteriously stops working, please don't yell at me. It isn't my fault when technical appliances go haywire around me. I still try my hardest to serve you even though it is more difficult and I treat you with a lot of respect even though you don't make it any easier by standing around yelling at your punk kids that are ruining some kind of display.

30. If you bring in those canvas bags for me to pack, I suggest you are courteous enough to at least hold them open for me. And when I ask for your help, do not look shocked and offended that somebody 'so lowly' would even think about asking for your assistance. I suggest you stand at a register and try to pack your own stupid canvas bags and then, when your the one asking me for assistance see how pissed off it gets you when I say 'no'

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
townie said:

ASK FOR CASH OUT BEFORE SWIPING YOUR CARD AND ENTERING YOUR PIN, AS SOON AS U BRING OUT UR CARD SAY 'AND CAN I HAVE XX DOLARS OUT PLEASE"
but it's different at some places. customers always tell me before and I never remember how much they want because the prompt for cash out comes after they've swiped. and shouldn't you ask them if they want cash out beforehand anyway?

TaEkWoNdObArBiE

Mmmm....kinky
HSC
Argonaut said:
Some people are touchy. When I used to ask if they wanted cash out, they'd start yelling "Did I say I wanted any cash out?! If I want any cash out, I will ask you for it!"

Hahaha, reminds me of this woman, who gave me her card to swipe and I go 'cheque, savings or credit?' and shes like 'only I may push the button.'
Phhh...stupid woman...twas credit obviously...

kaylz

HSC
When I worked at woolies there was this man who'd come to my register. Every time. He'd get a Kinder Surprise and smash it on the conveyerbelt, take the toy out, then pass me the shards of chocolate. He would then assemble the toy while I processed his stuff. Strange man. Then he'd try to tell me that he didn't have to pay for the chocolate because he didn't intend on consuming it. In the end I'd just scan it twice and rub it over his other purchases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)