• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Sam 2005 (1 Viewer)

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
miss_gtr said:
OHMYGOSH........ Lazarus said someone (too lazy to find and quote) that ur aligned marks are basically what ur raw marks are..oh he aint serious is he?? im hoping not cuz i need a few extra marks then what ive done in the exams....my assesments have been better then my exam!, does that affect?
I don't know how it all works, but that is wrong.

Here's just one example: People speculate that a 90 aligned in 4u maths would be about a 75% raw.

Your actual internal assessments don't count in that way. You should be aiming to pull your rank up and (I think) widen the gap between yourself and the people below you - obviously by working harder, not knocking them off one by one. These are the two things which matter.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
want2beSMART said:
whats the diff between SOR 1 and SOR 2?

and 2u maths isnt that bad...i have 4u *cries*
2 unit is bad 4 me
u people r obviously smart hence u doing 4u
stop winging will ya :p
what bout us people who struggle at 2unit
y'all 4unit people find it piss easy
u finished like the whole of our course in yr11

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
miss_gtr said:
dont u do the first 3 topics that 2U does........then u dont have to learn the last one..
we completed the 2u course in yr11

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
There's more content to be learned in SORII + SORII is worth 2 units as opposed to the 1 unit SORI is worth.
SOR sounds interesting...so many schools offer this course but not my school...

is it like christian studies? we have that but it doesnt count to hsc...its just something extra

Azaroth

HSC
I do SORI and I don't find it that interesting at all. I guess having a teacher who is a father doesn't help since its all one sided. Also, the BOS has the timetable out with a lot of blank pages? Does that mean they are not holding any exams on the missing dates?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Azaroth said:
I do SORI and I don't find it that interesting at all. I guess having a teacher who is a father doesn't help since its all one sided. Also, the BOS has the timetable out with a lot of blank pages? Does that mean they are not holding any exams on the missing dates?
Blank pages?
It should be 4 pages long. The last page is only about half-filled since exams end on Nov. 11

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
want2beSMART said:
SOR sounds interesting...so many schools offer this course but not my school...

is it like christian studies? we have that but it doesnt count to hsc...its just something extra
Some Catholic schools make students do Catholic Studies which doesn't count towards your UAI. However, my school does SORI which, as miss_gtr said, contains numerous areas of study.

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Some Catholic schools make students do Catholic Studies which doesn't count towards your UAI. However, my school does SORI which, as miss_gtr said, contains numerous areas of study.
my school is a private anglican school...not catholic...and hence christian studies

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Azaroth said:
It's an error I had aswell. Page 2 is blank but the others loaded. I'm not sure how to fix it. Maybe download the PDF and access it directly with acrobat reader?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
It's an error I had aswell. Page 2 is blank but the others loaded. I'm not sure how to fix it. Maybe download the PDF and access it directly with acrobat reader?
Try downloading it to disk first. I don't usually load Acrobat Reader in IE coz it often stuffs up.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
want2beSMART said:
my school is a private anglican school...not catholic...and hence christian studies
Ah ic.
Nonetheless, I often wonder why schools don't just let students do SORI - it probably has about the same workload as Christian/Catholic Studies, and at least it might count towards your UAI.

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
Ah ic.
Nonetheless, I often wonder why schools don't just let students do SORI - it probably has about the same workload as Christian/Catholic Studies, and at least it might count towards your UAI.
yeah extra useless workload

richz

lol same worklad as chrisitan studies?? i do christian studies at school its a total bludge :p. Lol its like an etra free everyweek :)

aaaman

Banned
HSC
JamiL said:
SOR1 does have much work either, same as the catholic or christian studies
lmao no it doesnt, i was in SOR n dropped, catholic is the most blugest course i have been forced into

chamelia

HSC
Slide Rule said:
I had the same problem at first but all i did was right lick it and select 'save target as' then opened it. It fixed the problem for me.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
chamelia said:
I had the same problem at first but all i did was right lick it and select 'save target as' then opened it. It fixed the problem for me.
Sorry to pick on you, but I don't know that that's such a good idea (bold text above) :p

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
chamelia said:
Indeed. If IE can't load the PDF, try downloading it. If you can't view a d/l'ed PDF, open it in IE. Usually one of them works.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Indeed. If IE can't load the PDF, try downloading it. If you can't view a d/l'ed PDF, open it in IE. Usually one of them works.
Or if all else fails, try a different PDF reader (e.g. Jaws PDF)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)