• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

SATA drive help (1 Viewer)

want2beSMART

Artificial Happiness c[x
HSC
my sata drive doesnt appear in "my computer" however when i looked at the partitions, i could see my sata hard drive, so my windows is not detecting the sata drive?

does anyone know how to resolve this problem?

Templar

P vs NP
HSC
Hmm...check the device manager. Otherwise I don't know, sorry.

Ninga

HSC
I had this prob once. U'll have to goto control panel, administrative tools, then computer management, and go down to storage. U might have to activate the volume or something like that, i can't remember what the option was. Anyways, if you have stuff on that drive, you might want to look at using a program like Get Data Back for NTFS or whatever, to get stuff off that drive. I couldn't get my computer to access that drive thru my computer at all until i activated the partition or whatever that option was...maybe making it a dynamic volume or something?? Anyways...good luck with that.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
admin tools is where you fix this problem - the drive sounds limke it does need formatting, do this in admin tools/computer management.

I had to do this once before myself and an unformatted drive will show up in the device manager but not explorer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)