• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Scholarships (1 Viewer)

black_raven777

HSC
Hey all,

quick question, does anyone know if you can hold a Vice-Chancellor's Leadership Scholarship and an Academic Excellence scholarship at the same time?

Oh, and another one, do you guys think the SmartStart Scholarship would be available for undergraduate med students? Does anyone have some info on this?

Cheers,

hYperTrOphY

HSC
No, you can only have one because they are both funded by the university. You can hold two scholarships if one is funded by the uni and the other is donor-funded (by a council/business, for example).

Skeeta

HSC
ah yeah i remember that (i think i got offered that aswell) - they wanted people to have uws as their first preference or something?

L

LaraB

black_raven777 said:
Hey all,

quick question, does anyone know if you can hold a Vice-Chancellor's Leadership Scholarship and an Academic Excellence scholarship at the same time?

Oh, and another one, do you guys think the SmartStart Scholarship would be available for undergraduate med students? Does anyone have some info on this?

Cheers,
no you can't...

have a look on the website - there are 2 types of scholarships - Donor A and Donor B - you can hold one of A and B - eg i have the blacktown council academic one (no longer offer fyi) and the UWS Acad excellence one.

Just have a read through the list - the application forms should tell you which ones are which - nto sure if the details are up yet, but you got til 30 Septembeer to apply:)

Smart start may be since it's a new course to en courage application..dunno..

They offer it to law students btw whoever mentioned it, so it doesn't seem to be done on so called "smart" or "dumb" courses.. depneds on how many apply and stuff like that :)

EDIT: for those who don't know - you gotta have the uws course in your top 3 to be eligible for a lot, if not all of the scholarships so yeah.. makesure you do that:) coz no matter how good your mark is, if you don't have it in top 3 you won't get a scholarship.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)