• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

school not on because of heat (1 Viewer)

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
wtf sms? :S
We have ID cards and weh ave to sign in when we arrive school =(
hahaha also MedNez you are just too imaginative =P

7th Sign

HSC
hmm u people are like ohh they would have to call parents and shit....at my school their like meah u can go home.....

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
glycerine said:
Ummm, last year someone crashed their car into my school's water supply. The yr 11s and 12s were sent home and the juniors were all sent to roll call where we all had to arrange some way to call our parents (with our mobiles or a friend's mobile) and get them to verbally allow us to leave school early. Of course, some people who couldn't get a hold of their parents got around it - I pretended to be a mate's mum, which was highlarious considering I sound about 10 on the phone :D

Anyway, my point was, yes, public schools can find a way to send you home if there is a health or wellbeing hazard.
YOU GO TO FORTSTREET!!!! :D

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
(^o^) said:
wtf sms? :S
We have ID cards and weh ave to sign in when we arrive school =(
hahaha also MedNez you are just too imaginative =P
Apart from the sms we also have ID cards that are used when people arrive late or leave early. Basically you cannot leave without anyone knowing because of two reasons, firstly rolls are marked at every period so its obvious if someones gone, and secondly security cameras exist in all areas where you can possibly leave so even if they dont realise you left right away, by the next day you will be told to go home suspended. Pretty drastic measures but i guess in the end its for the good of the school

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
We have absentee sheets "marked" every period created from absentee lists in rollcall.

Not too much good though, because your rollcall teacher isn't to mark you absent on the days you sign in, but substitutes if they are away often do, meaning we then have to go to the teacher in charge and explain (quick and simple). Some interesting conversations "Where were you period 1" "I wasn't here" "What! why not?" "I sign in on Tuesdays" "Oh"

:: ck ::

Actuarial Boy
HSC
hahaha fort st
i remmeber that day

i was late... not lookin forward to gettin my 20th late note

then i see yr11s runnin out screamin im like WTF they r like nO SKOOL so i thought it was some kinda joke

and then the teachers sed "get out of the school already and get ur name marked"

so i did xD

much fun was had by all

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
School's not on due to that S.O.B of a heat wave? Eight, your lucky.

Well, on that day, I didn't went to school. If anyone had common sense, they would really. I can't stand 42 degrees of dry heat combined with humidity.. and I bet everyone else here will agree. I hate humidity, its like breathing through a straw at the worst of times.

I felt sorry for the poor boogies who were at school, then one guy said to me that 'it wasn't that hot'... insane I say. A day before that day, during 5th period. (I had commerce) Our deputy principal announced 'across the school' as usual and he announced 'tommorrow' was a normal school day and said to bring bottles of water. But, what really peeves me is that he said that announcement not in a serious tone, but in a enthusiastic tone. Too cheerful. Probably the offices, staffrooms, and computer rooms are air-conditioned as well for a few dems. Most classrooms in our school have 2 ceiling fans... :\

So, on that day, I slept-in, my air-con was on, chilling, had ice-cream and simply, napped the entire day. :)

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
Yaaay the Fortians :D

Everyone whinging about the heat - YOU LIVE IN AUSTRALIA! OF COURSE IT GETS HOT! DEAL WITH IT!

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
I'm wearing a jumper at the moment nice and cool. Partially as a drink is cooling me down (only been in the fridge) but it is a little cold anyway.

HSC
My mum made me stay at home. I'm not complaining!!!! Who'd go anyway. What's with school ending 3 days before christmas????

praise897

Alcoholic
HSC
going home after it reaches 42 degress isnt an urban legend...my anc teacher...who is with the bos and stuff...said it is in the rules-the principal gets to decide whether its needed....but.. the skool needs to arrange transport for all the kids that need it...so that means getting buses to drop them home...itll never happen but its still there!

tarsus

Dead Apostle
HSC
glycerine said:
Everyone whinging about the heat - YOU LIVE IN AUSTRALIA! OF COURSE IT GETS HOT! DEAL WITH IT!
Out of the population of 20,227,823 co-existing in Australia, not everyone is heat-tolerant of temperatures reaching over 35.

Last edited:

glycerine

so don't even ask me
HSC
ummm, then move. i'm sorry, but if it's a genuine health risk for you, you shouldn't be here. unless you're like an albino or something i don't give a shit.

hipsta_jess

Up the mighty red V
HSC
N/A
I have more issues with the cold than the heat, my brain and body cease functioning once it drops below about 18° (which makes winter study very difficult)

(^o^)

you stupid crap! *slaps*
HSC
Doesn't matter now cos I'm on holiday oh yessssssssssss....

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
I'm home because school ended a week ago.

HAHAHAHAH!

..:MizJay:..

Super Supre Member
HSC
no. i swam in my pool. i dont go to school. i dont have to do anything. i laugh at my sister who has to be on the bus by 8. bahaha

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)