• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Science Question Biology (1 Viewer)

mtsmahia

HSC
Okay this is my understanding soo far (correct me if I am wrong)

There is two systems in the body

Nervous- consists of CNS (brain and Spinal Cord) & Peripheral (all other sensory neurons).

Endocrine System-

I have two questions---

firstly, what the main functions/features of the Endocrine System?

and Do the how do both the endocrine system and nervous system interact with each other (if they do)?

Thanks

dc1337

HSC
Endocrine system is basically the release of hormones which regulate metabolism, growth and development, tissue function and mood.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
Yes, yes, something along those lines, I really don't remember, I think I was blowing bubbles that lesson... :p

Jumper :^)

HSC
Ok so, the main features of the endocrine system (I guess) would be the glands that make it up- pituitary, thyroid, ovaries/testes etc. All these glands secrete hormones and the hormones control functions such as growth and metabolism.

The nervous system interacts with the endocrine system through the hypothalmus, which controls the pituitary glands, and, through them, all of the other endocrine glands.

The endocrine system interacts with the nervous system because hormones control the development of the nervous system in adolescence, and also hormones can affect the way the brain processes information.

The interactions part I got from here:
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/organ.html

Hope I helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)