• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Screen is warping (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
My screen has been unstable the last few days, with the screen having variations in light (like flickering on and off but the screen is still there), then the screen starting to "curl" on the sides, so it'll go in half a cm on both sides for a few seconds, then bounce back to full screen, and, just now, my screen got warped--twice--so that it was a third of the full screen size! (but the full screen image is still there--it's just been shrunk!). What should I do about this? Could it be an overheating problem, and if so, how long should I leave it off for?

lala2

Banned
HSC
PC. mmm, I'm not sure if's LCD or CRT--it's a fat monitor, bought in 2001, though. is that any help?

MuffinMan

Juno 15/4/08 :)
HSC
I think I had this problem before on my crt. The problem occured when the monitor had just started and started flickering...then after i waited for half an hour or so, everything went back to normal. Just took it back to the shop to get a replacement. Is yours still under warranty? My lcd died on me in 2005, a hige line of dead pixels. Usually with these problems there is nothing you can do except take it back for a warranty/replacement or get a new one if the warranty has expired. Don't hold me onto this through, that flickering screen problem occured in 1997 so I really can't remember what caused it.

lala2

Banned
HSC
It's alright, we got ourselves a new (LCD) monitor at Officeworks today! Only thing is, it's 19 inch, which is the smallest you can basically get now, and it's hurting my eyes to look at such a wide screen (our old monitor was a good 16 inch). I tried fiddling with the resolution, but the next one up makes the screen nice and small but too blurry. So I figured I'd rather have my eyes hurt looking at such big writing than squint at blurry images.

P_Dilemma

Extraordinary Entertainer
HSC
set the screen REALLY far back if your eyes are hurting, as long as you can see what is written.

-P_D

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
lala2 said:
It's alright, we got ourselves a new (LCD) monitor at Officeworks today! Only thing is, it's 19 inch, which is the smallest you can basically get now, and it's hurting my eyes to look at such a wide screen (our old monitor was a good 16 inch). I tried fiddling with the resolution, but the next one up makes the screen nice and small but too blurry. So I figured I'd rather have my eyes hurt looking at such big writing than squint at blurry images.
Use its native resolution, which should be fine to read from.

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
lala2 said:
waa waa waa

Keep using it and you will get used to it. 19" seems small to me now. (that's what SHE said)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)