• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Secelective high schools Re: 09ers drop out list (1 Viewer)

freaksoutalot

HSC
who has left a selective high school?

i left merewether high, for a closer and much smaller school (5 min walk and 40 students as opposed to 1.5 hr bus trip and 200 students in my year)

did it for a number of reasons, but dont regret it at all

wendus

krawr.
HSC
hahahaha i would never leave my school even though it takes me an hour + to get there.

freaksoutalot

HSC
wendus said:
hahahaha i would never leave my school even though it takes me an hour + to get there.
well i got sick (glandular fever) and was missing too much school and it just wasnt working emotionally n physically (anxiety attacks etc), so in the end it wasnt worth it, where i am now i feel heaps better no more issues, and becuase of this im pretty much thriving.

so no regrets

wendus

krawr.
HSC
oh dear, glandular fever? :S
it's good you're better now then.

HSC
N/A
wendus said:
geez over an hour to get to school everyday? and back? thats a lot of commitment, i wouldnt be able to stand travelling for over an hour twice everday

freaksoutalot

HSC
ha ha yeah dont ever get it

made me food intolerant etc etc killed my immune system etc tec

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
have had it, it effected/affected (never quite sure) my vocal chords. Then it went away but i had swollen vocal chords for about 2 months. It sucks, i know what its like, you can't be bothered doing anything your so drained and just feel *ughhhh*.

Glad you got over it.

Do you know what type you had. I'm guessing lymph by how you said immune.

SimonLee13

HSC
Based purely on the time travelled, I too would of swapped schools. You save yourself 3 hours a day =.=

wendus

krawr.
HSC
true, time spent travelling is basically time wasted! but i love my school in all honesty.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
SimonLee13 said:
Based purely on the time travelled, I too would of swapped schools. You save yourself 3 hours a day =.=
Hmmm, yeah - but our school is awesome though. :p

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
I didn't leave Selective High School. But I in the end rejected the offer from Gosford and Normanhurst Boys High School.

ForbiddenND

HSC
i used to go to normahurst boys high for a few years, now that i changed schools ive seen that normahurst is not that good :p

freaksoutalot

HSC
ForbiddenND said:
i used to go to normahurst boys high for a few years, now that i changed schools ive seen that normahurst is not that good :p
yeah merewether high is not so great either, my new school St Phillips is heaps better imo, well the year 11 co-hort are anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)