• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

sharing creative writing ideas (1 Viewer)

pig_93

HSC
anyone have any cool ideas for creative writing?
im thinking of doing some marx thing or something about individuality (ie i do ind and society)

what are other ppl thinking of doing?

c_james

Viva La Merchandise!
HSC
I do RFTG, and for creative my teacher has advised us to pre-prepare our own "local" and simply adapt it to the question, whether it ask for a feature article, story, or whatnot. You research the local, finding enough elements for a narrative or feature article, and make it broad enough to adapt to any sort of question.

As a crude example, you could choose the scenario of a small rural town in America protesting the establishment of a supermarket. You decide on the names of certain characters and their stances (in a narrative they'd have dialogue, in a feature article they'd be interviewed, and in a discussion transcript they might send in letters that the interviewees are asked to comment on), the nature of the struggle, and the eventual outcome.

It's got the safety of a pre-prepared answer, but enough dynamism to make it seem spontaneous.

Last edited:

grabalife

HSC
That's such a good idea. I severely suck in the creative writing department. Give me an essay any day.

pig_93

HSC
what me and my friends did to get ideas, was just that we thought of random words at the time....its good. heres some in my head right now...(u can also tell alot about that person (dont judge me!!))

cat
fishes in my fez
xray
imperial
compatible with creation
crochet knitted
embellish
yankee from yemin
the zoo is zulu

lol im random, but honestly, u will find a winner, just do it and let it ROLL

littlebinzy

I do postmodernism and have had a few different creative ideas over the past year... My favourite was probably when I wrote a piece entitled "Murder" and then wrote a whole heap of different paragraphs from the perspectives of each person involved in the murder who would never have known. For example, the kid's primary school teacher, the gun salesman, the guy who sold him the balaclava. Each part was headed by a quote, which is an easy way of showing intertexuality, and the only way you could connect the sections was if you understood from the title... the last quote was "Pull the trigger and the nightmare stops" - Coheed and Cambria, and that sort of finished the idea. Bit of self-referentiality about the nightmare also...

The great thing about PM is that you can do a lot of experimental stuff. My trial essay was linked by the quote that started it. Otherwise you would have had no idea what was going on. However, my stories have no value except as exam pieces... they're a bugger to read!

scoby_2000

HSC
I do RFTG and for the trial i did this idea:

Annie Proulx (author of shipping news) writing a diary entry about the problems she is having writing her book. she has recently read some heaney poetry and is well informed with Naomi Klein's No Logo. She talks about how she needs to integrate paradigms of economic, scientific, religious and philosophical into her book.

i got 24/25 for mine....lost a mark coz it was only 4 pages long

pig_93

HSC
i do ind and soc
its just annoying cos my teacher tells me theres brilliant stuff out there
but she never says what
i can write well, its just that i need a KILLER idea

feed me that idea and ill pay u in LOVE

Insouciance

HSC
I had this brilliant one, where the main character became an internet IM bot which my teacher hated because she had no idea what a bot was. It sounds ridiculous here, but I was so sure it would work.

skp_grl

HSC
help with story ...ideas needed

help with story ideas needed

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i wrote this a few months ago and i was wondering if any of you knew if i could turn it into a creative piece for journey or not to bother with it

when our scoarching Australian sun burns brightly overhead and a trip to the beach is a delicious mixture of pleasure and pain.When the mercury rises and the bitumen bubbles. the city swelters like a sauna. And the ocean, the aqua blue ocean feels like its a million miles away.

the urge to escape when the vinyl car seats would burn bare skin, your t-shirt would stick to your back. warm air would rush through the open windows and all roads lead to the beach, any beach. the the sweaty palms holding the steering wheel would direct you towards a dream.

the long hot summer is at its peak...and the coastal carparks are full to overflowing. skinny brown kids crowd around the solitary shower skins peeling unvieling raw, pinkish flesh. the mad dash across the sand almost scolds your feet. finally where the water meets the land, you find relief.

immersed in the aqua blue and soothed by the pulse of the ocean.

Pure freedom, where nothing else matters

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
I desperately need an idea for I&S.

I want to write something that isn't the typical "women's rights/roles blah blah blah" bullshit.

amanda.

HSC
sometimes the womens roles/rights stuff can work really well, if written nicely.

Jayphen

super disco breakin'
HSC
Sure it can work well, but too many people do it. If you do something unique, you are much more likely to get higher marks.

I've decided I'm going to base my story around Belle Boyd - a spy in the 19th century.

jennylim

HSC
i'm doing an emmeline pankhurst style speech. with a woman who has worked in the workhouses, etc.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)