• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Should I Get A New Job? (1 Viewer)

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
Beege said:
I've been working at maccas for the past 7 months now and mostly I have been only getting one 3 hour shift a week ($35) and this is not enough. I want to find a place where I can work every weekend with at least $50-60 per week. My local EB is hiring sales associates. Should I apply there or I should wait for a JB-Hifi or harvey norman position to become available? because I'm interested in music, games and IT. Or I should just stick with maccas?
The only reason why you're not getting enough shifts is because you're shit at whatever Maccas management tells you to do.

tempco

HSC
hopeles5ly said:
The only reason why you're not getting enough shifts is because you're shit at whatever Maccas management tells you to do.
And you know that how? He might not be getting shifts because there are other 15 year olds that are currently employed that cost less.

Beege

HSC
my local toys r us is hiring. What is it like there in terms of pay and shifts for a 17 year old?

jirwin

HSC
my friend worked at toys r us and it was shit. she had to sign a contract that said she would not get any overtime rates... just flat rates all the time.

she had to work back unpaid some times... never got out on time etc

Beege

HSC
I work in the back at maccas. Do you reckon If I ask to work at the front as well I'd get more shifts? or they don't allow that?

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Beege said:
my local toys r us is hiring. What is it like there in terms of pay and shifts for a 17 year old?
i've heard toys r us are really bad also :s
i wouldn't work there

edit: i don't know if maccas does, but i worked at burger king (now hj) aaaaaages ago and people worked front and back..although i don't remember if that was in the same shift or if sometimes they got front-end shifts, and sometimes they got shifts in the back..can't hurt to ask?

occas

HSC
yeah you should

try seek.com.au
mycareer.com.au
ihatemyboss.com.au etc and you can easily find one

HSC
Beege said:
I've applied on the coles myer website for a job. I checkboxed Target, Kmart, Coles & Officeworks. They will probably take ages but still I've applied.
It does take a while for Coles Group companies, but once they want to interview you, you'll generally get a choice as to where you want to work. It took them four months to email me regarding an interview (by then I already had a job at Woolies), but had interviews for Coles, Kmart and Target.
The question for you is, how long are you prepared to wait?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)