• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Situational analysis (1 Viewer)

Kangaroostyle

HSC
Hey ppL..if you include a situational analysis in your business report is it a MUST to include ALL aspects of the situational analysis or can you only address the point you want?
For example you do only the SWOT and PLc..... or do u have to address ALL aspects?

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
If you do a situational analysis
you should include 4 things:
SWOT analysis
Market analysis
Competitor analysis
and
Product analysis including product lifestyle

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
I don't think it's necessary to include every component of the Situational Analysis. For instance, if the question addresses the ethical and legal aspects of Employment Relations and Global Business I don't think it's necessary to talk specifically about products, as that's more relevant to a marketing report.

You want to get straight down to answering the question proposed. Unless it's in some way relevant to the question, I don't believe it's necessary to include it.

Kangaroostyle

HSC
We have also been given a word limit....... so i guess it is not possible to address al components because that alone would consume too much words.....!
So thnx for clarifying that it is not compulsory to adress all components RENCH :)
ThnxX alot guyz...... :)

pete_mate

HSC
~ ReNcH ~ said:
I don't think it's necessary to include every component of the Situational Analysis. For instance, if the question addresses the ethical and legal aspects of Employment Relations and Global Business I don't think it's necessary to talk specifically about products, as that's more relevant to a marketing report.

You want to get straight down to answering the question proposed. Unless it's in some way relevant to the question, I don't believe it's necessary to include it.
why include a situational analysis for the question, ethical and legal aspects of Employment Relations and Global Business, it doesnt make any sense? or just bad example,

im wondering if situational analysis is some requirement for all business reports, its only in the marketing syllabus, under a marketing plan?

or isit essential to do a situational analysis for all businesses in the stimulus in section III?

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
pete_mate said:
why include a situational analysis for the question, ethical and legal aspects of Employment Relations and Global Business, it doesnt make any sense? or just bad example,

im wondering if situational analysis is some requirement for all business reports, its only in the marketing syllabus, under a marketing plan?

or isit essential to do a situational analysis for all businesses in the stimulus in section III?
I was providing it as an example of when you mightn't need a situational analysis or product life cycle etc.

You don't always need a full situational analysis, though it depends on the question. I like to give a brief situational analysis and a SWOT analysis for every business report, but that's just my own preference. You don't have to.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)