• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

So I have no job.... (1 Viewer)

Born2baplacebo

Get Behind Me Satan
HSC
And no skills (except dramatic/computer/customer skills) ...wtf do I do when I leave school and want to go to uni/tafe? And where's the best place to build up my skills?

lizziegirl

HSC
N/A
ive been doing volunteer work

i want to get into community welfare @ uni so i've been helping out @ the institute of deaf and blind school...while u dont get paid for it u get all this experience that looks good on ur resume. plus u learn life skills like taking care of children and u have the opportunity to meet the most compassionate ppl who u'll probably get along with cos they have that similar interest as you. :) its great

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
What's wrong with getting a job in retail? You can gain experience from work places like that too - Customer service and communication skills etc. Uni's also offer job to students - like helping out on open days etc. It'll be my three years in Bunnings :mad1: this october and along side that i do volunteer work at Salvos. :)

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC
you say you have customer skills, that's good :) just about every retail place in the world hires on that basis (that, and being 13 so they can pay u peanuts). plus working in retail does give you other people related skills (mostly stress related as far as i can tell but skills nonetheless)

meh. im going to bed.

CieL

HSC
Look up for a job search engine
eg. mycareer

Type in part time job.. along with your area

Then browse for something that tickles your fancy.

If not, they have online versions of newspaper ads, which help people search for jobs.

You have heaps of time after the HSC to think about what you want to do.
No need to rush.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)