• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

so so so far behind (1 Viewer)

dawso

needmorecustomstatusspace
HSC
one week into term one, and our teacher plans 2 finish complex numbers next week, atm we are getting through one question a period, at this rate, i worked out we will be half way through volumes come hsc time, joy joy, a whole school of failures, where is everyone else up2? im guessing 3rd topic, conics or so??

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Starting 3rd topic: Graphs.

Have you been telling your teacher to get a move on, outlining the very real need for efficiency in teaching the 4unit course?

dawso

HSC
yeah, but he just says that we are 'keeping with the program' but he has never taught 4unit b4 so he dont realise that final topics (mechanics etc) will take a while, oh well, done it all b4 so we'll just c how it goes

Supra

secksy beast
HSC
were u a 4u accelerant last year or r u repeating? and i wudnt worry bout the pace at this stage u can skip ahead of ur class if u want to

Trev

stix
HSC
Slide Rule said:
Starting 3rd topic: Graphs.

Have you been telling your teacher to get a move on, outlining the very real need for efficiency in teaching the 4unit course?
we're starting graphs nxt week.
he's following the schedule? eh? is complex numbers ur first topic or hav u done something ie. graphs already? im pretty sure my teachers sticking to the program, so therefore your far far behind!

fantasy27

HSC
N/A
we're on our third topic as well.. did complex numbers, curve sketching and now just started conics

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Trev said:
we're starting graphs nxt week.
What else did you cover? Polynomials? Complex Numbers, Polynomials, and now Graphs here.

dawso: Your teacher will hopefully pick his/her act up soon. Either way, you should probably skip ahead yourself.

Trev

stix
HSC
Slide Rule said:
What else did you cover? Polynomials? Complex Numbers, Polynomials, and now Graphs here.

dawso: Your teacher will hopefully pick his/her act up soon. Either way, you should probably skip ahead yourself.
looks liek we're doing everything in the same order as you - complex, polynomials, graphs.... - our teachers must b following the schedule exactly i kno thats wat my teachers doin

richz

waa thats nice pace, we have done complex no. and now finishing graphs

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Complex numbers done + polynomials semi-done, but it doesn't seem like we're going to finish it yet coz we're going onto Integration now.

Trev

stix
HSC
my teacher sed we r going at proper pace?! even tho sometimes we seem to spend an hour on a single question :p o well; he sed we wont end up finishing the course till after the trial sometime (even at this pace) i dont kno how ur class(es) r guna finish dawso lol (but i dont kno much :p)

grimreaper

HSC
When I did 4u my class didnt finish complex no's (our first topic) until week 2 of term 2... and we managed to finish the whole course

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
My teacher says that we are not going as fast as he would like because he wants us to be finished before the trials.

Sphyx

Asphyxiated
HSC
we have finished complex and finished polynomials, now first week back we just refreshed ourselves with some problems from past papers.
v. happy at the moment. i guess graphs is next.

haboozin

Do you uhh.. Yahoo?
HSC
We just started polinomials and the teacher says we will b finished by a week or so...
And then off to the third topic.

Complex numbers is a major topic (everything in it is basicly new stuff) that is probably why you have stuck with it for so long.

We've finished 4 chapters of the 3unit course.

dawso

HSC
Slide Rule said:
yeah i aint worried, i have done it all once before and i really dont mind if we dont finish the course, but i just hate it in class cause we sit there for 2 hours straight, and at the end of it, we havent moved on at all, on thursday we got through 3 questions on harder 3unit, useless shit!

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
dawso said:
yeah i aint worried, i have done it all once before and i really dont mind if we dont finish the course, but i just hate it in class cause we sit there for 2 hours straight, and at the end of it, we havent moved on at all, on thursday we got through 3 questions on harder 3unit, useless shit!
4U can be a slow process at times :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)