• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

So undecided. (1 Viewer)

znich93

HSC
Hey! First post here...

I'm just feeling very very undecided about going straight to uni or taking a year off to work. :S

Year off: I thought it would be really good just to relax, earn money, maybe travel a little bit. But then sometimes I wonder if I'll get bored, and wish I'd gone to uni. Also, my best friend is going straight to uni and she'll be 4 hours away. I'm worried about getting lonely and missing my friends, which I suppose is rather inevitable. BUT I'm not sure if I'm completely ready for the independence that comes with leaving home. I live in the central west and moving to the city will be a big change.

Straight to Uni: If I go to uni (Macquarie) this year, I definitely won't get bored. I'll be geographically closer to my best friend and be making loads of new friends. I really like the idea of living in a college. But I'm hesitant because there's not much time til the semester starts and there's so much to do! Find accommodation, get a TFN, pack, choose subjects...

I'm just so... confused. Indecisive. Hesitant to grow up and leave the comfortable shelter of home and school friends. I just needed to vent my worries, so any advice would be helpful!! :)

MathsIsWeird

HSC
I wonder if I'll get bored, and wish I'd gone to uni.
You will get bored, ive been applying to uni for quite a few years now and every year i was working (within a family company not getting paid) while also studying at TAFE, even doing all that i got bored, although the past year has been the worst since ive only been working.
IF you can afford to live on campus while studying and it wont be a burden on you or your family finacially i say start uni and maybe get a part time job, if you or your parents will struggle if you decide to go then i say take the year off and work while saving some money. You never know you might decide that the course you wanted was acctualy not right for you and you decide to go in a different direction.

karasu-

HSC
I reckon u can go to uni and work at the same time. So long as its not full time work.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
You'll get bored.

My holiday has so far been approximately 3 out of 4 months, and I am bored out of my wits right now.

Currently revising last year's stuff and reading into next year's stuff to relieve said boredom.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)