• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Soccer talk eg. prem league, champ league, serie a etc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
Hey cool just realised they are showing a reply of the match sbs , monday 7:30pm.

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Vassel is struggling in Villa for a first team place under O'Leary, which is why (but so is Cole at Chelski).

I think England's defense is defense minded as it can be... I mean, you rarely see Ferdinand or Campbell out of their own third. As for Terry, well, Chelski resemble Real a bit too much, in their lack of defense, except their attack has yet to gel.

^___^
HSC
hmm...
no centre backs really should be going beyond the half way line unless they are ready for an offensive corner...and its understandable why Campbell and Ferdinand rarely get out of their halves...but sometimes, if the midfield of the other team gets a bit tight, u usually see Ferdinand rushing up behind his team's mid for support...

Terry should be a reasonable replacement though i perfer Southgate...Terry has the speed, but his lack of experience in such hostile condition will make him very vulnerable under the slick passing Turks attack

Up front, u can see Eriksson risked Owen, but i doubt his can recover...and since Eriksson deployed a diamond midfield before, i reckon he will do it again and up front should be Beattie with Rooney...now from that offensive pt of view, beattie will get all the services he needs...it will come down how he finishes it...

As a man utd and england fan, i am disappointed at the way why Ferdinand was dropped...fucken Fa..its all their fault

^___^
HSC
Originally posted by dirty dave
i support man utd and england too but ferdinand kinda deserved it
hm...no...its considered that no player's name are allowed to be revealed until proven guilty..

and ferdinand wasn't even trialed yet, but his name was all over the papers...

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
I for one would like to see a boycott. I'd make the game more entertainin'. :D:D:D

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
haha that would be funny, then they could recall sheringham and shearer!

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Actually Becks said he'd play... probably because he's no long with Man Utd.

Well, put it this way, S&S would score more goals then a Hesky/Vassell/Beattie combination. :D

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
And in terms of domestic goal scorin' form, are only behind Owen... when compared to all those other players Sven call up. :D (And that's gotta tell us where all of England's depth and quality are!)

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Constip8edSkunk
what depths? what quality?
They lie in an era long gone. :D

Leeds, another relegation hopeful. :D

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
i bet reid is like trying to accumulate a resume full of relegated teams:
sunderland 2002-3: [tick] *yes!*
leeds 2002-3: [cross] *bugger... soooo close almost a record too...*
leeds 2003-4: [?] *common, you can do it... or not rather..*

reynaldo

HSC
N/A
Originally posted by flyin'
Vassel is struggling in Villa for a first team place under O'Leary
Yeah that confuses me too... considering he's a far better than Juan Pablo Angel (if you saw him against Chelsea you'd know what im talking about)

on another topic...

Whats the story with Ferdinand anyway? Is he linked to that rape ordeal?

Anyway i forgot about Hargreaves in my lineup.. and i like the idea of a 3man lineup, means more attack potential..

And i'll put my preferred lineup, instead of what i think Eriksson will use.. (im sensing a Sven-Goran conservative lineup)

------------------James
-----Terry-----Campbell---Upson-----
---------Lampard-----Gerrard---------
Beckham-------JCole-----Hargreaves
---------Scholes-------------------------
-----------------------Beattie*----------

* (or Owen, or Rooney.. cant decide)

Its a 3-5-2 of sorts, "best form of defence is attack" kind of formation..

loser

scene police
Darius Vassell is not struggling for a first team place. He has recently had surgery and has only come back for the last couple of games. Although, he has been out of form and not playing to his usual standards. At Chelsea, Villa were playing a different formation with one striker, so Vassell was not playing. Angel, while he did have a shocking match vs. Chelsea, is a different player to Vassell and would be classified better by many people. He has more of a goal scoring instinct.

Also, the alleged player, a 29 year old, has been arrested after he voluntarily went to the police. And yes, a Leeds player has been arrested as well. Jody Morris is being accused for assault in an unrelated incident to the London 'rape'. The Rio Ferdinand incident is where he failed to take a scheduled drugs test, but took it 36 hours later.

simmmo

what is it with leeds players and assault? there was woodgate and bowyer, and now this. i am (maybe) a lleds fan myself but i dont really like them much anymore...

Constip8edSkunk

Joga Bonito
HSC
the problem with playing england in the "best form of defence is attack" formations is that they aren't exactly Real.... their games are usually the one are seemed "so exciting" but end up being 1-0 or something as they only ever hit the crossbar... hit them enough times and it'll seem like they have actually scored

flyin'

EDIT
HSC
N/A
Vassell, I think is overrated... his last season was a shocker, if he's as good, as his England caps suggest... but then again, it's England.

Yes, England are no Real Madrid... they don't have the record signing wonders. :D And what often happens is Real's attack last much longer... so they don't need to defend as much, whereas England's attacks are usually much shorter before they concede possession.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)