• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Soundwave cancelled (2 Viewers)

Selador

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
http://www.smh.com.au/entertainment/music/soundwave-revolution-cancelled-20110809-1iknd.html

Rock music festival Soundwave Revolution has been cancelled with organisers citing the last second pull-out of an un-named, unannounced, headlining act for the event's downfall.
The event was scheduled to tour through Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth in September and October and be headlined by US rock veterans Van Halen.
Soundwave promoter AJ Maddah spoke to Sydney Radio Station Nova 969 today confirming the event had been cancelled after the drummer from act Steel Panther broke the news on twitter this morning.

"The situation is that we were scheduled to make a second announcement on the 1st August, which had our festival co-headliner on that announcement," he told Nova.
"Their circumstances changed at the last minute and they had to pull out. And unfortunately we don't have enough time to replace them. And we didn't really want to go ahead with an incomplete line-up."
In a statement the festival organisers said "many of the festival bands" will be coming to Australia as part of "multi band/mini festival line-ups" in Brisbane, Sydney and Melbourne.
They confirmed that tickets will be refunded.

zombies

HSC
Hoooooooly shit. Well, it works out for me since I wasn't planning on going anyway, and now I can just see the bands I wanted to see in concerts, which is so much better.

Cancelling it altogether seems a bit extreme, though.

Dystocia

HSC
It was a pretty shitty line-up in the first place.

HSC
Uni Grad
Cancelling it because an unannounced band pulled out?

wtf lol

Dystocia

HSC
Meh. I had a few bands I liked on the lineup. Depends on what your taste in music is.
I probably would have gone for maybe 3 bands, but I didn't think it was worth it.

and now I can just see the bands I wanted to see in concerts, which is so much better.
But you're right, going to their concert would definitely be better.

LonelyWolf

HSC
Such bullshit, but bands are still going to tour in Australia

zombies

HSC
I probably would have gone for maybe 3 bands, but I didn't think it was worth it.

But you're right, going to their concert would definitely be better.
Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of festivals. Especially Soundwave at Eastern Creek, because it was just so hot and dusty :x

LonelyWolf

HSC
Yeah I'm not the biggest fan of festivals. Especially Soundwave at Eastern Creek, because it was just so hot and dusty :x
bahh the 2010 Soundwave was utter shit. This years one, which changed location to Homebush was unbelievably fucking good

MetalTheory

HSC
Uni Grad
I say this is a good thing. There were a few bands that I would have loved to have seen but with such a horrendous line-up, I was thinking whether it'll be worth it paying and supporting such terrible bands. That and it was planned for September, which is right in HSC preparation. One less show to be worried about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)