• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Special permission (1 Viewer)

jivemonkey

HSC
I received my pre-enrollment successful email a week ago, but later realised that I didn't meet the required exam mark for forensic osteology (min mark required = 65; I got 64). I've never had problems with enrolling/pre-enrolling before, so I'm in unchartered waters here :( I know I can apply for special permission, but I've got a couple of questions:

1) Has anyone applied for special permission before? What did it involve, aside from filling out the special permission form and taking it to the course co-ordinator?

2) When is the soonest I can apply?

3) ... what are my chances, considering I didn't make them minimum mark?

ujuphleg

oo-joo-fleg
HSC
Special permission for waiver of minimum marks is administered on a Faculty level. Contact the Science Faculty Office for information.

More than likely, you'll have to speak to Admin peoples, fill in forms and plead with a lecturer.

tennille

HSC
I suggest you send an email to the coordinator of that course, explaining your marks, etc. He/she may ask you to see them with your transcript for proof. There is still a chance to get into that unit of study, considering you were only one mark off (but then again, it depends on the department). I was four marks off and was given permission to do the course I wanted. I'm sure you can send an email now, but you may need to do a research to determine who is the coordinator and all.

Before you see the coordinator, you will need to get a special permission form from the faculty of science, get that signed from the coordinator, and go back to the faculty of science so you can enrol into that subject.

jivemonkey

HSC
Thanks for the replies :) I've got most of the info I need sussed out, I think.

Hmm... the co-ordinator may ask to see my transcript? Will they take all my previous subjects into account (i.e. look at my WAM) or will they just look at the mark for the pre-req? And is meeting with the co-ordinator likely to turn into an interview type thing?

tennille

HSC
They will most likely look at your marks for the pre-requisites and any other subjects that may relate to the unit you want to do. It won't be like an interview. I emailed my coordinator and he asked me to go in during o-week to see my transcript. Then he just filled out the form.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)