• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

special provisions... (1 Viewer)

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by doobywacka
Obviuousy, blindness, deafness etc.. warrant special provisions, but i wasa wondering, what other things can u get special provisions for?

I know a guy in my yr has special provisions for bad hand-writing - that seemed a little far fetched....

One of my friends applied to type his hsc papers, but that was deemed too much of an advantage in his case.

Could i get special provisions for say....holding a pen incorrectly, stubby fingers, stupid mistakes when i really knew the answer, lack of good breakfast eating habits, inability to sleep effeciently....????????

also, if u have special provisions, how much of an advantage are they?
people i know have got them if they break an arm or something

you can get a provision of extra time to rest and stuff

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by redslert
i wish i could get a scribe for my exams!!!!!

some of them can write amazingly fast and neat!!

there was this one guy at my school who needed one and the scribe wrote twice as much as the student would normally be able to.....was the material good? no idea but the quantity was there
haha i was a sribe for the hsc ... you can get stuck with a slow or fast one. the scribes from our school are just selected from the high english classes that get along with the teachers

*girl04*

hey every1, how r u?
HSC
N/A
Originally posted by Sarah168
they wont exactly be happy little vegimites at the end of it though eh? :p hope it doesnt affect the mark (even though it IS following criteria)
what our teachers say, is that if you have bad handwiritn and stuff and hard to read and they are tossing between giving you a 10 and 11 they will just go for 10.

Raiks

Enigma Unlimited
HSC
I had special provisions because I broke my thumb knuckle into 3 needing surgery and metal wires inserted into my hand...so they organised scribes but I didn't use special provisions because I was involved in a car accident 3 days out from exams and broke my jaw. Due to me not being able to write or talk, they just gave me my assessment marks as my exam marks.

miss_pie

HSC
people get them for all sorts of reasons. i got them for my half yearlies and there were people who got them for depression and ADD and then for diabetes and nose bleeds and some condition where you have to be in a warm room or you get big gross swollen knuckels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)