• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Starting and running a chess club. (1 Viewer)

Kittikhun

HSC
Hello.

As the title indicates, I'm thinking about starting and running a school chess club at my school. Does anyone have any tips and advice on how to run one and keep it running in the future?

Thanks.

Niek

HSC
Chess is actually considered cool at my school, and I reckon it's because in the past, our chess captains have been really funny and they promote it really well by making eveyone laugh :)

Supaweak

HSC
uh, talk about it with your sports coordinator?hmm no that doesnt seem right..

maybe try set up a competition first with a legible prize and try to generate enough interest before making it a long time club thing

xV1P3R

HSC
Mm there's often 1 day tournaments you could enter a school team into. Maybe check out this website
NSW Junior Chess League
I've been to one of their school tournaments and it seems alright, but that was in primary school.

The thing with chess is that you would need the necessary resources ie. funding. Might be a bit hard if chess has never occurred at your school before.

00iCon

HSC
Mm there's often 1 day tournaments you could enter a school team into. Maybe check out this website
NSW Junior Chess League
I've been to one of their school tournaments and it seems alright, but that was in primary school.

The thing with chess is that you would need the necessary resources ie. funding. Might be a bit hard if chess has never occurred at your school before.
Definately! I did it in year 11.
U'd need the boards and peices and 4 people per team, from separate years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)