• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

State Rankings (1 Viewer)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
danz90 said:
Dude, raw mark of 96-98 is like 99 aligned. That would be a state ranking for sure.
We never know about that.

runnable

HSC
danz90 said:
Dude, raw mark of 96-98 is like 99 aligned. That would be a state ranking for sure.

Hmm yea but I have doubts getting 96-98 raw :uhoh:. My essays could've went a bit worse than I thought (at least the $A one) and bring me to low-mid 90s. But well anything over mid Band 6, I would be happy with.

dp624

HSC
Oh man that has so much luck in it then... you can simply blitz the HSC external with a dreg rank..
damn that's rather sucky

Kujah

HSC
N/A
I'm hoping for one in either Mod or Hist. Ext, but I doubt I'll get it.

So are you sure its dependent on your external HSC mark first?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
danz90 said:
yeah but assesment marks are moderated to a state-level standard anyway?

im confused. lol.
so in the end.... does my hsc exam mark determine state ranking, or my hsc overall result?
YOUR HSC MARK determines state rank. If you got the same HSC MARK with someone else, THEN your internal moderated mark will be viewed.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Kujah said:
I'm hoping for one in either Mod or Hist. Ext, but I doubt I'll get it.

So are you sure its dependent on your external HSC mark first?
Yeah. You will see that on the Top in the course page.

danz90

HSC
runnable said:
Hmm yea but I have doubts getting 96-98 raw :uhoh:. My essays could've went a bit worse than I thought (at least the $A one) and bring me to low-mid 90s. But well anything over mid Band 6, I would be happy with.
The only thing I'm worried about with essays is... even though my teacher is a HSC marker, he seems to mark quite leniently. It doesn't take that much to get a 20/20 when he marks our essays (although I've only ever gotten that once or twice).

I looked at the $A, thought I could do better in that.. then realised I had much more scope with the globalisation one.

I agree that 96-98 raw is very difficult, considering that there are a few sections being marked... MC (although u shud get 20/20 there), then u've got Short answers /40, then the two essays.

I reckon high 80's raw for me, I'd be stoked with a band 6 for Eco.

There's only 10 state rankings for Eco right?

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
runnable said:
I think it really depends on my essays. If it went wellish... probably 96-98 raw? Would still probably lose 2 marks in essays. I might have lost marks in short ans etc. Overall I think I cant get it. Essays weren't top notch 20/20 and short ans probably may lose a mark here or there.
Depends on the marking I guess.

My teacher says they are pretty generous in marking essays in the HSC. She said that when she marks in the HSC she adds 2 marks onto what she would otherwise give that essay (although if that is the same for you would depend on the marking standards of your teacher).

Yeah. Id also like a mark >96 but not expecting a state ranking.

Good luck =]

danz90

HSC
lyounamu said:
YOUR HSC MARK determines state rank. If you got the same HSC MARK with someone else, THEN your internal moderated mark will be viewed.
ahhh k good that clarifies everything. thanks :)

dance2urownbeat

Ridiculously Good Looking
HSC
midifile said:
Depends on the marking I guess.

My teacher says they are pretty generous in marking essays in the HSC. She said that when she marks in the HSC she adds 2 marks onto what she would otherwise give that essay (although if that is the same for you would depend on the marking standards of your teacher).

Yeah. Id also like a mark >96 but not expecting a state ranking.

Good luck =]
that sounds rather unfair.

danz90

HSC
dance2urownbeat said:
remember, any extended response is marked twice, by once by two different markers. if there is a large discrepancy/difference in the two marks awarded (my teacher told me if its like > 3 marks difference), then they get a 3rd marker. They don't tell the 3rd marker wat the first two awarded, so there is no bias.

runnable

HSC
danz90 said:
The only thing I'm worried about with essays is... even though my teacher is a HSC marker, he seems to mark quite leniently. It doesn't take that much to get a 20/20 when he marks our essays (although I've only ever gotten that once or twice).

I looked at the $A, thought I could do better in that.. then realised I had much more scope with the globalisation one.

I agree that 96-98 raw is very difficult, considering that there are a few sections being marked... MC (although u shud get 20/20 there), then u've got Short answers /40, then the two essays.

I reckon high 80's raw for me, I'd be stoked with a band 6 for Eco.

There's only 10 state rankings for Eco right?
Yea I reckon high 80s raw would definitely be band 6. I remember seeing in 2004, a 87 in Physics aligned to 95 or something (correct me if im wrong).

Meh I hope they mark rather leniently. Our teacher at school admits that she NEVER gives 20/20 for essays for our assessments.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
dance2urownbeat said:
No not really

Like if I did an essay in an exam and my teacher gave me an 18/20 for it, in the HSC she would have marked that essay as a 20/20, as their marking guidelines/standards arent as high.

runnable said:
Meh I hope they mark rather leniently. Our teacher at school admits that she NEVER gives 20/20 for essays for our assessments.
Mine either

danz90

HSC
runnable said:
Yea I reckon high 80s raw would definitely be band 6. I remember seeing in 2004, a 87 in Physics aligned to 95 or something (correct me if im wrong).

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Although, I reckon I'd get close to 20 for the globalisation essay.. probably will get around 18, coz I didn't draw a graph, only drew up a table.

runnable

HSC
danz90 said:
Yeah, that sounds about right.

Although, I reckon I'd get close to 20 for the globalisation essay.. probably will get around 18, coz I didn't draw a graph, only drew up a table.
I didn't do the globalisation essay so I wouldn't know. But what table/graph is this? I don't think I would've done one even if I did that essay.

danz90

HSC
runnable said:
I didn't do the globalisation essay so I wouldn't know. But what table/graph is this? I don't think I would've done one even if I did that essay.
Oh it was just simply a table with several trading blocs/multilateral agreements, and showed the member countries for each one.
It was a good thing to refer to in the actual response, not having to write heaps of regurgitated stuff.

Did you draw any graphs in your essays? Is it possible to get 20/20 without drawing graphs?

runnable

HSC
danz90 said:
Oh it was just simply a table with several trading blocs/multilateral agreements, and showed the member countries for each one.
It was a good thing to refer to in the actual response, not having to write heaps of regurgitated stuff.

Did you draw any graphs in your essays? Is it possible to get 20/20 without drawing graphs?
Yea I don't think that table was necessary if you did good discussion within your writing.

I think its definitely possible to get 20/20 without graphs etc. In fact I don't think you will be disadvantaged. I was the only one who got 20/20 in my trials and I had no graphs etc. I'm sure heaps of people had them but I think the main emphasis is on the quality of writing.

midifile

Na Na Na Na Naa
HSC
There is no point of putting in graphs if they arent relevant to the topic (like I cant really think of any globalisation related graphs).

But I did exchange rates so stuck in a couple of graphs for that

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)