• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

"Stop celebrity worship you dumb teens" - Governor-General says (2 Viewers)

ur_inner_child

.%$^!@&^#(*!?.%$^?!.
HSC
If anything, I find that gossip sites like that give you a reason to realise that these celebrities aren't as immortal and flawless as you think. Sure it's not done in a classy way, but it sure makes you feel less willing to admire them. eg coverage on upskirts and unfortunate photos etc.

I feel a bit weird reading this article, since I worship a celebrity myself. But it's not like I try to act like this person, buy what they buy or whatever. I actually enjoy his work, his music, his various talents. We all look for role models, it is a question of how accessible they are.

I don't think teenagers look at Paris and just simply want to be her. It's more complicated than that. Girls who DO look up to her as a role model obviously have not been given the idea that one can earn respect/fame without whoring yourself out there. Nothing has pulled them down to earth in their mindset about choosing an identity etc, so honestly? I would blame the parents.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
ippie said:
perez is a stupid fat bitch. i stopped visiting his site last year because i was sick of his childish stupid scribble shit all over pics of celebs. does he still do that?

Yes and I hate how he post all the positive stuff about Clinton and negative stuff about Obama, dude should stay out of politics. He trashes celebrities but his life is slowly evolving into a celebrity life.

ippie

HSC
chicky_pie said:
Yes and I hate how he post all the positive stuff about Clinton and negative stuff about Obama, dude should stay out of politics. He trashes celebrities but his life is slowly evolving into a celebrity life.
he is a sell out who wants his 15mins of fame. But no luck, he's too fat and ugly.

zstar

HSC
N/A
I will never understand this fascination people have with celebrities.

They got there by sleeping with the executives and directors, Either that or they're Jewish.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)