• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

..stuckk (1 Viewer)

L4riissa.

HSC
i just started year 11, but my school is far away from my home & i get home at around 5, sometimes 5.30 & i can never get my homework or assingments finished on time.. I want to move to a closer school but I don't know if it'll be a waste considering its the last 2 years of my schooling!

Aplus

HSC
N/A
I thought you couldn't change schools anymore lol.

eliseliselise

HSC
aiii!! i realise how you feel/what you are going through. on a daily basis i leave @ 7:00, and get home at 17:30 [due 2 violin lessons, extension classes, personal fitness reasons, tutoring and waiting around for other siblings]. what are your subjects?!?!?! why dont u do both mx1 and ex1 and then drop something else so ya get free periods?? i think free periods are an absolute BLESSING. and you can try and do homework on le bus if you are desperate-- people will think you're really cool.

but yeah if u aren't getting hw and assignments done on time and you feel as though you are falling behind... i would go to the nearer school [if it is decent]. & remember if you have trouble fitting in/finding companions [like meine self] it might be a bit devastating to start at a new school..

u could always ask a psychic as well, they're all fake but it will help you make up your mind. :)

follow your heart!!!!:apig:

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
When you enrolled you would of known how far away the school was and a rough idea of how long it would take to get there. So you must of choose the school for a specific reason taking into account the other factors.

But that being said long hours travelling/early mornings can really take it out on you so if you think that you can't cope then by all means look for a closer school. Now is a good time to change anyway because you are not very far in the term so a change wouldn't be as much disruption as it would at a later stage. The only thing is at the new school you may not be able to get all your subjects because the lines they are on, full classes, schedules etc.

Yes you can change schools in yr 11/12.

tanjin

el oh vee eee ♥
HSC
My school was one and a half hours away from home and even though I came home early (because of my 22 or 23 free periods in year 12), I never actually started doing any work until 6pm. If you use your time well and plan what to do before you start, you shouldn't have too much trouble. :)

You're in Year 11. Nothing from year 11 counts besides 30% of the math course. That's not to say that you shouldn't care about everything else, just take it easy.

F-O-B

HSC
What form of transport do u take? cos...
My school's 50 mins or so away...n occasionally I use my travelling time on the train to study.
why not try that?

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
L4riissa. said:
i just started year 11, but my school is far away from my home & i get home at around 5, sometimes 5.30 & i can never get my homework or assingments finished on time.. I want to move to a closer school but I don't know if it'll be a waste considering its the last 2 years of my schooling!
I know some people who are in exactly the same situation as you - they just sleep abit when they travel to and from school, which is probably the best way to go about coping with long transport times. If you look at it realistically, you can't really concentrate on your homework when travelling anyhow, so why not conserve the otherwise wasted brainpower and use your time to rest yourself?

As for changing schools to shorten your travel times, I honestly can't recommend it unless that school gets good academic results and has a good reputation. Gambling an environment that you thrive in for something like shorter travel times probably isn't the best idea. I mean, surely you would have gotten used to it to some degree?

I myself come home at around 4:30 and I just relax abit on the bus - listen to music and talk to friends. It's really not that bad once you think of it as a resting period between school and doing homework at home.

L4riissa.

HSC
pritnep said:
When you enrolled you would of known how far away the school was and a rough idea of how long it would take to get there. So you must of choose the school for a specific reason taking into account the other factors.
I started at my school in year 7 when i lived in the area, & now just recently I have moved.

dpospination

HSC
the only bad thing about sleeping to and from school on train/bus is if u fall asleep.

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
L4riissa. said:
I started at my school in year 7 when i lived in the area, & now just recently I have moved.
My mate gets home at 6.

You're only year 11, its easy, just do the work on the weekend (Which you should be doing..)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)