• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Student School/College Recommendation Scheme (1 Viewer)

T

talene

I've applied to UNE through this scheme for Social Science and I've placed it second for my preferences...I have ranked first in 3 subjects and got a great report, my grades are also pretty good.
I'm told that they don't look at your UAI when they accept people - only what your school has to say about you.
I have absolutely no idea how I'm looking in regards to getting in...
Did any of you or your friends get in through SRAS?
If so, what were your/their grades like, and around how many people got into UNE in past years through this scheme?
I'm just having pre HSC jitters and I reeeeaaally want to get into uni...helpppp

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
if you are coming first in that many classes, you should be right.
i got 58.05 uai and was ranked mid-to low in all my classes
i think most people get in with the scheme, cos if u mention it at college, all the people around you cheer.

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
becuase so many of them get into uni on it, it is somewhat of a savior to the masses

qwertyqaz

When will we find out?

I applied for the student school/college Recommendation Scheme as well and i was just wondering if you knew when we would find out if we have been accepted or not. Im really worried about what i will do if im not accepted.

T

talene

12_monkeys said:
I applied for the student school/college Recommendation Scheme as well and i was just wondering if you knew when we would find out if we have been accepted or not. Im really worried about what i will do if im not accepted.
Hey, I called them this week and I was told that we will be notified within the first week of December...
I'm really relying on this SRES thing...where did you place it in your list of preferences, 12 monkeys?? I put it second, after Social Science at UWS...

qwertyqaz

talene said:
Hey, I called them this week and I was told that we will be notified within the first week of December...
I'm really relying on this SRES thing...where did you place it in your list of preferences, 12 monkeys?? I put it second, after Social Science at UWS...
Thanx 4 that talene, I really need it 2 cause fuck i wanna go to UNE. I chose Nursing @ UNE first. Goodluck with it, hopefully i will be seeing you there next year :)

T

talene

12_monkeys said:
Thanx 4 that talene, I really need it 2 cause fuck i wanna go to UNE. I chose Nursing @ UNE first. Goodluck with it, hopefully i will be seeing you there next year :)
You too!!
Where did you place UNE in your preference list???
I'm really scared about not getting in, coz I'm not feeling too confident about exams :(

Mojoman - Armidale...how many are there??

qwertyqaz

talene said:
You too!!
Where did you place UNE in your preference list???
I'm really scared about not getting in, coz I'm not feeling too confident about exams :(

Mojoman - Armidale...how many are there??
I placed it 1st, 2nd and 3rd for my preferenses, Dont worry im feeling the same way you are about the exams. I have chem tomorrow and its gonna be sooo hard.

qwertyqaz

Mojoman said:
what college are you guys looking at if you come to UNE?
mojoman, I am going to my fav college which is Austin;) . both my brothers went there so i thought i shouldnt break tradition. Do you know many of the austin guys???

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
not really.... it seems like an alright college, although duval is much much better...

colleges at une are: duval, austin, drummond and smith, robb, albies, earle page, mary white and wright village.
i live at duval, and its the best (my opinion anway), you will have to fill out a college application form soonish if you wish to stay at a college.
college life is the best ever, ive had the best year of my life so far. i cant believe its nearly over already though

qwertyqaz

One of my friends is going to duval i think so i will have the best of both worlds. What course are you doing at uni neway?
what is ur fav thing to do in armidale??

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
i do commerce/economics
and the best and one of the only things to do at armidale is drink :p
suprisingly good nightlife, due to all the uni students

qwertyqaz

Mojoman said:
i do commerce/economics
and the best and one of the only things to do at armidale is drink :p
suprisingly good nightlife, due to all the uni students
If thats the best and only thing to do in armidale i should fit right in ;). Wats ur fav pub?? not including mojo's?

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
well duval's sponser pub this year was the wicklow, and it was great in first term, but then they fucked us over. so i rekcon the kilda is the best pub in town. Mojo's is pretty good... seedy but good

qwertyqaz

Mojoman said:
well duval's sponser pub this year was the wicklow, and it was great in first term, but then they fucked us over. so i rekcon the kilda is the best pub in town. Mojo's is pretty good... seedy but good
yeah i think the kilda is pretty good, last time i was there i had a bit of a fight with some ppl over pool- note to self: dont fight strangers over pool games

Mojoman

Interstellar Overdrive
HSC
N/A
hahahaha me and my mate had exavtly the same argument with some tools on my birthday

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)