• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study Days Coming Up (1 Viewer)

monique66

Arvin Sloane said:
Ugh. My precious weekend. If you want to find me, just look for my bitch of a teacher cackling over the river Styx.

Ahem.
what module are you doing?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
That study day was terrible! *shudders* The teacher only regurgitated everything I have already heard ad nauseum... :chainsaw:
For anyone who is vaguely interested in picking people out...I was the very tall guy with blondish curly hair, in the Crime Fic lecture who laughed too much at what his classmates were saying,lol

monique66

i thought it was interesting to see what guys thought of cf, two very different takes

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
damnation said:
don't remember you...i was sitting in the front row in the aqua top :)
you asked her all those questions didn't you?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
heehee...I know what you look like now...*prepares to stalk*
What did everyone think of her advice on how to write stories in comparison to the 4u study day?

monique66

i didn't go to the 4u day, and i'm not writing a story anyway. My teacher was kinda laughing through her imaginative piece presentation because he was thinking of this story i wrote about a lesbian detective... :rolleyes:

Hey Evan, did you mention any related texts? Were you like in the centre behind me?

Oh and please don't stalk me..arghh! *runs away*

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
No...I wasn't the guy who mentioned all those texts or had my hand up at all, in the first half I sat two rows above him, and in the second i sat twelve seats or so to his left...I had a grey top and jeans on and I was sitting next to two girls.

AsyLum

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
Personally every study day i went to at darling harbour turned out to be a waste of money especially those extension ones.

ishq

brown?
HSC
kami said:
heehee...I know what you look like now...*prepares to stalk*
What did everyone think of her advice on how to write stories in comparison to the 4u study day?
Do you mean the 4U Study Day in December? That was when I was still doing it. That was much the same as this one, with the David Eldridge dude poring over the syllabus.

I was near the front too - on the left. I offered nothing to the discussion. :D
What did everyone think of the lady's obsession with Anil's Ghost?

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
ishq said:
Do you mean the 4U Study Day in December? That was when I was still doing it. That was much the same as this one, with the David Eldridge dude poring over the syllabus.

I was near the front too - on the left. I offered nothing to the discussion. :D
What did everyone think of the lady's obsession with Anil's Ghost?
Ugh. I was ready to kill her over her BAZILLION MILLION TRILLION references to her class and how great they are. Her crapy slides where also annoying.

I'm I the only who thinks, on the whole, these study days are a massive waste of time?

On the plus side I wanna thank glitterfairy for her excellent lunch suggestion (the pastadeli was yummo) and aAbottsleigh (I'm pretty sure they logo stands for 'And thank god for cold radios that make the time fly), while being needlessly elitist, etc etc, was kinda cool.

I was the one snorting in derison every few minutes. We should have had big BoS badges, or a special kinda leer or somethin.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I deplored it..she focused on her preferred texts and skimmed over the others, my class and myself were less than happy....
What about the way she went on about "her boys" and "girls" and the way she basically made one of her students into a token ethnic, did anyone think that was a bit...weird and pointless?

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
kami said:
I deplored it..she focused on her preferred texts and skimmed over the others, my class and myself were less than happy....
What about the way she went on about "her boys" and "girls" and the way she basically made one of her students into a token ethnic, did anyone think that was a bit...weird and pointless?
She was vapid. I don't care about her students, I don't care about how they went to brisbane (why?!), I didn't care about anything she did. If my teacher wasn't so incompetent I would have spent the day poking around the school.

I'm just glad it's all over.

ishq

brown?
HSC
kami said:
Oh yes. Complete agreement. Josh and his amazing talent. Josh and his 40 page bursts of inspiration. Was it just me or did the whole emphasis on his ethnicity sound a tad too cliche? The qoute about being the only one in the class with a white teacher or something?
She is seriously too "committed" to her students. Ill be surprised if they don't find it claustrophobic too.

And the school is bloody gorgeous. How many lectures did they have on simultaneously? And if all the theatres were as big as our one....

Arvin, they went to see The Tempest. Also, they went to shop for Crime Fiction books with their lovely teacher to "her little man". They're all very dedicated. :D

Arvin Sloane

We are not amused.
HSC
ishq said:
And the school is bloody gorgeous. How many lectures did they have on simultaneously? And if all the theatres were as big as our one....

Arvin, they went to see The Tempest. Also, they went to shop for Crime Fiction books with their lovely teacher to "her little man". They're all very dedicated. :D
Yeah. She sounds kind of, umm, 'intense', what with her little man and giving them a million things to read each lesson and such. And that cliche "only aborginal in a white class..." was kinda eye-rolling-worthy.

The school is gorgeous. I was ready to sign up for a sex change. Do we have any BoSers that go there and wouldn't mind changing?

I think they had three-four running at once. But I don't think the other two places where as big as the crime fiction hall (what was with the micriophones floating above the front of the audience?) and the Individual & Society one.

Also, what was with the orange shirt'd teacher answering all the questions. Talk about insecurity.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
They had six running at once....methinks we should have hit the lecturer with a tranquiliser gun, twould have been far more entertaining..

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Arvin..you weren't on the far right side of the theater where the lecture was taking place, were you?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)