• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study during Holidays (1 Viewer)

katy-g

HSC
Re: So its the holidays before trials...

My teachers at school had this HUGE lecture the other day bout studying in the holidays. They said we should treat the holidays like school weeks, divide the day into the periods that we'd be at school and dedicated your 6hrs of study (per day) like you were at school working on those subjects.

It sounds all very good and well in theory... But i doubt i'll do it.

Bookie

Banned
HSC

as sif!

but i must :(

six weeks doing nothing. it aint cool. now ive got two weeks to do what i should have in those six :( im so shitted.

HSC

I have such a huge amount of french work to get done (and my first french trial is on the pupil free day on monday) I will be doing 2 or 3 hours of French everyday, plus at least and hour and a half of other subjects...assuming I keep going the way I'm going...and stay away from Boredofstudies, infact, the internet all together.
yay for the HSC

UnIqUe_PrInCeSs

invading your mind
I'm leaving now to go find myself. If I should ret
HSC

The things that I have to complete during these two weeks are:
-My stupid IRP major assessment (haven't started yet)
-My cafs parenting assessment
-two legal studies essays
-one english essay on Lear
-around 50 trial papers for maths

and then after I've finished all that, I'll hopefully start studying. But I doubt that I will be doing that cos I have TOO MANY things to complete. grrr

and yeah, my trials are on August, dunno the specific date though

Scorch

HSC

Well today was the last day of the term for my school. So I have 3 weeks of holidays in which to study. My trials are week 2-3 next week. The only assignment I have is an English Extension 1 presentation due in week 6. So I'm gonna be busy.

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

two weeks holiday ("study break")...during which i have 5 modern essays, 2 sections of bio work, a maths assessment, finish my drama ip, find time to rehearse gdp, finding and analysing related material for ext. 1 english... then when all that is done, actually get down to study - revising and making notes on all the work done this year, practice essays and exams. i have a drama workshop day as well. and sometime around that im setting aside a couple of days to see my friend who i havent seen in around 3 months. so - probably should unplug the computer and break the tv until trials are over - they start in week 4.

passion89

HSC

Ok it's the second day and I'm bludging like there's no tomorrow...I better get off the net and do some eco!

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A

well for this stuvac (hehe sounds better) i'm going to be studying.

duh.

oh but i forgot to mention that there's world cup so my sleeping (and hence studying) patterns are already off the record. hmmmm ... and triangulum. you'll need to work harder than that if you want to make it into the most prestigious law course in nsw.

oh and they should rename english advanced (or standard for that matter) "memorise four essays at the start of the year. kthanxbye"

cause that's what i'm going to be doing :eek: shameful i know but cest la vie.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC

vg_woz_here said:
what is stuvac?!?!
Study Vacation - The break between the end of school assessments etc and the HSC, approx 3-4weeks.

timobr0

Ευθήμιος
HSC

But we don't have one this year, we just have the usual 2 week break between terms. Term 4 begins 16th October and the HSC begins 19th October.

Last edited:

^CoSMic DoRiS^^

makes the woosh noises
HSC

timobr0 said:
But we don't have one this year, we just have the usual 2 week break between terms. Term 4 begins 16th October and the HSC begins 19th October.
argh, no really? damnnnnnn...i was sort of counting on that 4 week stuvac to consolidate everything. damn it.

passion89

HSC

timobr0 said:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh crap! 2 weeks...I dunno if that's enough to reassure me that I'll do well lol

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A

passion89 said:
Ohhhhhhhhhhhh crap! 2 weeks...I dunno if that's enough to reassure me that I'll do well lol
Start studying after your trials then. You'll have a couple of weeks and most of the information should already be in your head - you'll just have to expand on it and make sure you know everything.

HSC
Whos been studying these holidays? and if u have how much have u been doing i havent sun any yet cause i dnt know where to start cause theres so much to do for every subject

Loz_metalhead

HSC
SuNrIsE_oVa_sEa said:
Whos been studying these holidays? and if u have how much have u been doing i havent sun any yet cause i dnt know where to start cause theres so much to do for every subject
Not much...maybe 1-3 hours. I havent gotten through much. Studied one biology topic(search for better health) and one topic for business studies(marketing)

I still need to go over these two topics but I think I will keep on pushing ahead. Tomorrow im going to try and study 2 chem topics and a large economics topic.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
5 - 6 hours on average.

i've been doing:
- summaries
- past papers
- practise essays

yeah ... i started and finished summarising topic 1 fo ipt today
business is fairly extensive and will consume a lot of my time
past papers for 2u and 3u maths
physics: i've been doing questions from txt book and summaries
english: practise essays and past papers ( unseen material)

so far im happy with my progress but could be improved. plannin on crankin it up to 8 hours by next week.

RNN-A-MUK

HSC
ooooofffffffftttttttt 8 hours! man dun u get bored of studying?

RNN-A-MUK

HSC
14 hours JEZZZ! cmon man 14 hours who can sit there for 14 hours man be realistic!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)