• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study!!!! (1 Viewer)

Bl0nDi3

HSC
this week i've tried to study as much as i can but afterwards i dont feel like ive done much...how do you guys study??? Ive got my notes but just reading doesnt seem to help...:(

X

xeuyrawp

Bl0nDi3 said:
this week i've tried to study as much as i can but afterwards i dont feel like ive done much...how do you guys study??? Ive got my notes but just reading doesnt seem to help...:(
You need to learn, not read... Have you tried re-writing them, reading them aloud, recording them, making cards, making silly games out of it, singing to them, or testing yourself?

But yeah, it's tough. You just need to work hard and look forward to what you'll achieve.

Bl0nDi3

HSC
yeh i made lil colourful card things :) but for subjects like chem you need to know detailed notes...or so my teacher says...but yeh jus wanted 2 c how everyone else studies

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Bl0nDi3 said:
Try doing practice questions, essays and past papers. If you don't know something whilst doing questions, look it up and write it down, this helps you to remember it for next time.

s2indie

HSC
secret said:
I tend to have big peices of cardbored on my walls where I jot down main ideas so it sticks in my head.
Same. I wake up looking at physics formulas. How wonderful. :mad1:

But it works. :)

taki999

HSC
going to the library to study is most effective IMO. It's quite and you can concentrate as well as copy notes you dont have from the books in the library.

s2indie

HSC
syper said:
You don't need to learn any physics formulas, they give them to you on a data sheet...
Yeh, some aren't though. And it saves times rather than trying to look for it.

July 2001

HSC
N/A
Make summary notes, I guess. And it's very important to improve your efficiency. :)

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
If you guys are doing your AP3s i.e. Trial HSC, or close to that exam, just keep doing past exam papers either from your school, or download them from our BOS section.

That's the key to sucess! By now, you should be roughly familiar with what you should know...if you don't, go to Charles Sturt's HSC page, and read the syllabus dot points one by one, making sure you know EVERY SINGLE ONE, except for those that your school hasn't taught you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)