• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Study (1 Viewer)

-pari-

HSC
N/A
^^^ ....oh....my....

wait...how do u practice a past hsc paper when you haven't finished the hsc course yet?
wouldn't there be like half the paper that you cant do as yet?

Akeru

Rain maker
HSC
Procrastinate, skip or refer to txtbk. Maybe.

pritnep

Boredof?
HSC
:eek: a bit over kill that would be for some people but seems to work for you so good on you.

You can do past papers you just do the section\topic that you have already covered.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
If you're doing this during the holidays, don't push yourself too much, because chances are for certain things taught at School, it'll stick in your head longer.

Time Commitments are different for each and every student, and dependant again on how long your concentration span is, as well as the subjects you're doing.

Also, it might be beneficial to study subjects like Legal Studies, or English-type related (relies on alot of memorizing) in the morning to allow maximum memory absorption, and leave Maths, Chemistry, Physics (relies more on the use of formulas) till the afternoon.

Adjust your schedule accordingly, and don't try setting a timetable like "From 1pm-2pm I'll be studying Chemistry, so from 2:30-3pm I'll have a quick KFC meal" ;)

dr baby beanie

*is so happeeeeee!!!*
HSC
-pari- said:
^^^ ....oh....my....

wait...how do u practice a past hsc paper when you haven't finished the hsc course yet?
wouldn't there be like half the paper that you cant do as yet?
You could just do the exam style questions form those 'summaries of concepts' books??

jdcb4

HSC
I go to a boarding school and we've got 4 designated study periods a night mon-thurs, 2 on Friday, roughly 50 minutes each. So during term I do about 15 hours a week, more if I have an assesment or, as the case always seems to be, multiple assesments coming up. During holidays we were set 4 hours ofg work per unit so that was 48 hours of work. I probably did a bit more than that so about 7 hours a week.

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Yeah i'll be doing essay writings, and creative writings like once a week from now on. And the first week of school i'll be doing past hsc paper questions from those SuccessONE books :D

trace7988

<3 <3
HSC
Anybody got a 'timetable' of your study time and stuff? lol

trace7988

<3 <3
HSC
SoulSearcher said:
If I had made up one, it would be in the trash can the next day :eek:
Yeah i couldnt use one coz each day/week is so different..
but some chick in my class had a strict timetable for this past year & hasn't broken it once..bit hard on herself i thought..
but i guess she wants to do the best she can with what time she has.

Sofstar

HSC
^^ whoa.
I have a list of things 'to do' but that's it.

Rekkusu

Currently: Away
HSC
Making a "To-Do" list is quite helpful but perhaps not motivating.

Timetables are NO-No-no, you'll end up 'not following it' after 2 days (that's the longest I've lasted). It may seem like a good idea when you're really motivated...but after that self-motivation dies down, it's almost as bad as snuffing out a candle that's lit.

Try setting 1-2 goals per day, make a new goal each and every day. A To-Do list is great to help you know which goals are to be accomplished first.

xinxin89

HSC
make a to-do list everyday, long-term study timetables don't work during the holidays, esepcially not this hols, u'll get de-motivated soon enough because u think "i have a month, i'm not gonna study everyday, plus school's still blabla weeks ago, i'll manage to get this or that done b4 this or that time"

daily to-do lists allows u to slack off without feeling like hadn't done wat u were sposed to do, it'd just be like taking a day off for break

yoakim

CBMI, MPH, AAP, MSF
HSC
Yeah I've been using a study timetable during the holidays, to see my progress, and what I've done/covered in the holidays. And also a 'to do' list.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)