• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Studying all week? (3 Viewers)

matt#1

HSC
N/A
melsc said:
...i do my homework and stuidy 1-2 weeks b4 exams...i am screwed and way to lazy
You are not screwed because I got a 90+ UAI doing exactly what you are doing now. I should note that if you want to get into a combined law course, however, maybe you should study a little bit more just to make sure because all of these courses are 90+ and most are 95+.

HSC
You studied 1-2 weeks before the HSC as well and got 90+ UAI ?

meLoncoLLie said:
strangely, i perform best when i don't care at all. if i start to care it means my marks and mental wellbeing will start to go down
maybe you expect to go too well amd if you don't care you think any mark is good?

btw whats meloncollie
*cough*

kaylz

HSC
stephen... how do you do it? i go to school for nearly five hours a day. how could you possibly spend five hours extra per day studying? surely theres not that much to learn...? but hey good on ya...

HSC
I never hit 5hrs, only about 2-3, sometimes 4 max

trust me, even though I know my shit, knowing me i'll forget it before my exam

when i said your brain can handle ~5 hours i was talking about school itself

Last edited:

meLoncoLLie

adores corgis
HSC
Casmira said:
maybe you expect to go too well amd if you don't care you think any mark is good?

btw whats meloncollie
*cough*
nup.

and i've answered your question both in non school and in person.

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
You studied 1-2 weeks before the HSC as well and got 90+ UAI ?
I only studied 1-2 weeks before most exams and tests...but I studied pretty hard for about 1 month before the HSC.

HSC
meLoncoLLie said:
nup.

and i've answered your question both in non school and in person.
i was being sarcastic :(

matt#1 said:
I only studied 1-2 weeks before most exams and tests...but I studied pretty hard for about 1 month before the HSC.
well I wont question your integrity (sp?) or it makes me seem envious, however! please tell me you did lots and lots of hours each day 1-2 weeks before ? :p

matt#1

HSC
N/A
Casmira said:
i was being sarcastic :(

well I wont question your integrity (sp?) or it makes me seem envious, however! please tell me you did lots and lots of hours each day 1-2 weeks before ? :p
yep, i did lots of hours (often 5+ hours a night) in the final week before the exams. The only reason i had to do this was because i was lazy beforehand and i really didn't enjoy it...so I encourage you to continue with the consistent study routine that you currently have.

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
Personally, I'm extremely random. I don't have a set routine/timetable, and I generally only study when I've got nothing to do or when I feel like it...there's no real point studying when you're not in the mood, coz then nothing sinks in - it may add hours to your "study time", but it may not actually be effective.
Honestly, I think I should actually get into a routine, but despite my randomness I still manage to get a few hours of study in each night.

Danoz The Great

HSC
I don't touch my books on a Sunday. I do a fair bit on Saturdays though.

HSC
I hate restricting myself too timetables, its shithouse, study is very random, I set myself tasks, and however long they take I'll do, obviously if it only takes ~1hr I'll set more

But just reach a goal, if I can do that then yeh np, and you might get complacent half way, but once its done you get a confidence boost, and I've done it plenty of times, I've aimed too finish just "half now half later" I end up doing the whole thing, gives you a good sense of pride.

Libbster

HSC
Yeah, I just study whatever I feel like studying but the problem is, then I feel guilty about the subjects that I didn't study on that particular night. If I have a day off, then I feel even more guilty!

aj_number_10

HSC
Libbster said:
Yeah, I just study whatever I feel like studying but the problem is, then I feel guilty about the subjects that I didn't study on that particular night. If I have a day off, then I feel even more guilty!
seriosuly u have problems

~ ReNcH ~

!<-- ?(°«°)? -->!
HSC
aj_number_10 said:
seriosuly u have problems
I guess it's reasonable to feel slightly guilty when you haven't done your work...it's the HSC - people tend to feel anxious and worried that they haven't treated one particular subject as well as another.

Btw. what's with the (Top 0.71% in the state) next to your UAI?...top 0.8% = UAI 99.5 :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)