• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

studying (2 Viewers)

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
the distance ed music is funny.
anyway, who does do 3U italian here? just curious..
if so, what grammar have you learnt?

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
Originally posted by ND
Ah that's not too bad then. Still 600 words is quite a bit, i only write like 1000 per essay in english.
nah, 600 words wasn't that hard seeing as we did have about an hour as opposed to english where we have just 40 minutes. i whinge too much hehe. and anyway there were two parts so it wasn't like i had to ramble on about the same thing the whole way through. ecology and birthday presents i had to write about.

as for you, kakie... how are you gonna manage saying that you would've cooked the examiner a cake?? haha she'd/he'd think you were crazy!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
he he, yeah i was trying 2 work that out 2... (the cake thing) ... maybe u can use it as a warm up , u kno, try 2 get on the examiners good side?? :)

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
haha, what..do you think it would be a good bribe or something?? haha even better, why don't we just bring in some freshly baked brownies. that way he/she'll be too busy eating therefore no time to ask questions..YEAH!! now that strategy :p

s2ophie

HSC
no we should bring in some italian food, not brownies!!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
haha yeah! hmm... something reeeeally tasty! hmmmm ... :confused: i dunno.. haha

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
mmm italian food..gotta love it. anyone care to cook for me? my italian teacher did on the 2nd last week of school ....MMMMMMM :) hehe and my textiles teacher cooks our class cake for our birthdays and cookies for class...talk about service hey!

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
wat? ur teacher cooked 4 u?? ohhh..... wat did she cook?

s2ophie

HSC
wow my teacher doesn't cook for us!! My friend and I cooked for the class: choc chip semi-freddo....delizioso!

rhinoivory

you have to order some canoli and ires for your teachers, they should love that! LOL, I couldn't do it though, I would eat them before they got to school or the exam centre!

I'm just wondering. For you people that do 3u, do you actually like it? It's the dumbest movie that I have ever seen, and the score and acting was absolutely shocking. They should have chosen Cinema Paradiso (seen in close to 20 times)..... If they were analysing that, I would have done it....

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
hey, wat are ires?? dunno if ive heard of them

i dunno if ne1 here does 3u

mei_ling03

Ain't love grand.
HSC
Originally posted by iambored
wat? ur teacher cooked 4 u?? ohhh..... wat did she cook?
bolognese and meatballs.. mmmmmmmm... i was soo stuffed after that!

oooh we saw cinema paradiso in class... i was ok. we've also seen toy story, come due coccodrilli, la vita e' bella and some other ones that escape me.. what movies have you all seen??
i cried watching life is beautiful... hehe how embarassing

s2ophie

HSC
yeah i cried in la vita e' bella

i saw L'ultimo bacio when it came here. Did any one see it?

We've watched cinema paradiso and a few others but i can't really remember. Do you know theat huwey, duwey and lewey in italian are qui, qua, quo??

rhinoivory

ires are basically fired pastry with chocolate cream on the inside....and I'm not talking a few teaspoons either, I'm talking a huge ball of thick beautiful chocolate!!!! If you go to an Italian pastry store.make sure the cooks are sicilian.... as this is sicilian food

BTW, each time I've watched cinema paradiso (directors cut), i have gotten "watery eyes", and yes, I am a snag, my gf reminds me constantly.....hahahahaahahaha....but in all honesty, good acting, good story and good characters all should have emotional impact, its what film should do. Jack frusciante does not create any emotional reaction, and all in all, its a bad movie. The music also put me off (even though my cd collection consists of punk rock, rock, rap, acid jazz, lounge funk, latin, rap, harnd nrg, dance). If they wanted to do a movie that wanted to reflect growing up, they could have chosen something like Malena which is much more light-hearted and has many other key areas onto which students can easily extrapalate. If any of you want to see QUALITY italian films, I suggest you hire out Cinema Paradiso and Malena, both directed by Giuseppe Tornatore.

IMO, la vita e bella was way too overrated....... yes, it is a very good movie, but it didn't have that much impact on me. The director of la vita e bella went off to make Pinochio, it was a flop.

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
oh ok cool, i have never heard of ires

yeah la vita e' bella... well i was expecting it 2 b SO sad coz every1 was talkin bout how sad it was. so i watched it and its funny! i mean, yeah, i feel sorry 4 the boy in the end but the stroy ends on a funny, not sad note.

haha! qui, qua, quo, thats mad!

s2ophie

HSC
does anyone know any good italian websites? Both ones that help to learn italian and ones that are simple to read?

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
good q, maybe even any italian forums? where we can post msges about music and stuff?

s2ophie

HSC
mm that would be good. my teacher keeps on telling em to read as much as i can but i don't know where to start

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
in the city or in big newsagencies sometimes they sell magazines from italy. they canbe quite expensive, and hard to read of course, but if u have access u can go and have a look

besides that, yeah i dnt know what else u could read. so yeah, websites would be good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)