• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

StuVac & Exam Period Bitch and Moan Thread (II, 2007) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
thenothing said:
Well, I'm really not sure what I should do, as I'm thinking I'll do honours in science and never finish my arts degree.

I did a history subject last semester, so I'm open to suggestions. I was thinking I'd do English because I did four unit in the HSC. I'm really not bothered, does anyone have suggestions for good first year arts subjects?
Do history, most of their junior units are pretty solid. But unless you're planning to go onto senior level, avoid government and international relations like the plague.

bustinjustin

HSC
I felt the same way about GOVT, but found the two senior government units I did this year to be two of my best subjects for 2008. But yeah, just as others said last year, govt really does improve after first year (albeit from a really low base).

Last edited:

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Does that Shelley lady take any more courses?
"While completing her doctorate under the supervision of Associate Professor Rod Tiffen, Shelly has lectured in Australian Politics and Power in Society, and tutored in Media & Politics, Policy Analysis and Australian Politics."

But Power in Society isn't running next year, so you're out of luck.

neafoo

HSC
dont you love it when you spend all day studying, then you cant remember a fucking thing? :(

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^Happens to me all the time. I just try and convince myself that I do know something, it's just tucked away at the back of my memory now and it'll magically produce itself during exam time as the question demands it. This is mainly to prevent panic and hence stop myself from forgetting any more things. Whether that's effective is entirely another matter...

neafoo

HSC
lala2 said:
^^Happens to me all the time. I just try and convince myself that I do know something, it's just tucked away at the back of my memory now and it'll magically produce itself during exam time as the question demands it. This is mainly to prevent panic and hence stop myself from forgetting any more things. Whether that's effective is entirely another matter...
Wow you just summarised how ive felt during the past years tests perfectly. Oh well at least its good to know im not the only one :)

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
What's better is when you intend to study and instead spend the day watching a top 500 countdown on VH1 - even though you usually don't care about music in general!

omg!

thenothing

no member
HSC
Oh, that's good to know, I was thinking of doing politics.

History stressed me out a bit last semester, because I was too focused on science (and maybe a little lazy as well) to do the readings. But I still got 61 without doing them, so I'm not so worried about failing history in the future.

amber44

HSC
The_Apprentice said:
there are two more subjects you have to do to major in sclg:
SCLG2601 Sociological Theory
SCLG2602 Social Inquiry: Research Methods

You might as well get those out of the way.
I also recommend SCLG2606 Media in Contemporary Society, it was very easy. Check the Arts handbook, its online if you don't have a hard copy.
Yeah, so I do those two and then it's just pick and choose the rest? There's no prereq for any of the other subjects?

HSC
N/A
Yeah I think so.
Not sure if need to do a certain number of second and third year subjects. I'm sure it's all in the handbook somewhere.

HSC
Nebuchanezzar, why are you ignoring me? It's because I 'cheated' on you with brogan, amirite? Well I explained myself! And look I'm typing this post at 6.26am! Surely that means something! :(

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
Nebuchanezzar, why are you ignoring me? It's because I 'cheated' on you with brogan, amirite? Well I explained myself! And look I'm typing this post at 6.26am! Surely that means something! :(
Morning :)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
I have an exam for a subject I don't know, can't find the textbook for, and for which none of this will really matter because they're going to withhold my marks for not returning the lab kit on time. Woooooooo go team engineering!

EDIT: Why on Earth is another human being awake this early?

HSC
withoutaface said:
I have an exam for a subject I don't know, can't find the textbook for, and for which none of this will really matter because they're going to withhold my marks for not returning the lab kit on time. Woooooooo go team engineering!

EDIT: Why on Earth is another human being awake this early?
Read previous page on why I'm early. Well I'm not normally up this early, but I have a linear algebra exam this morning.

As for the whole lab kit thing, ooh that's WAY harsh.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Iheartpaulfrank said:
Read previous page on why I'm early. Well I'm not normally up this early, but I have a linear algebra exam this morning.

As for the whole lab kit thing, ooh that's WAY harsh.
I remember linear algebra!

And yeah I probably deserve it for skipping 90% of the labs and an even larger percentage of the lectures...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)