• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Subject Selection Help Please? >< (1 Viewer)

coolkoombaya

HSC
im in year 11 now, and i do 12 units, the minimum and max units i can do in year 11 my school allows.

im happy with my subs for now, but im doing a b-grade course, business services or sumthign. i dun really mind it being b-grade, but since im in a half selective high school, it makes me seem dumb, i dun really care. its more of, i mite drop it in year 12, assuming i do well in the other subs.

question is, if im going to drop it, woudlnt it be more worthwhile to pick up, fundamentals of english, since im doign standard english and it can aid me, and studies of religon, which can be a bludge subject, instead of doing business services ?

atm, business services seems easy, and kinda bludgey. if i continue it in year 12, i get sum TAFE certificate at the end or sumthign.

would economics be any good ?

what subs should i pic then ?
1. business services
2. fundamentals of english / studies of religion
3. economics

thanks for ur input

D

dzzlng_07

i think...
choose eco!.. its a bigger scaler and you can actually take it seriously instead of bludging the year through

i heard fundamentals is really basic and its all general knowlege that u learnt in yr7-10.

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
=/

economics is a subject that requires a lot of memorising of figures; numbers and facts. and scaling doesn't mean crap if u do good in a subject!

don't worry about the impression u make when u choose a subject; just choose subjects you like or know you'll excel in and then do those subjects at ur full potential.

you also get a tafe certificate if you complete the tafe course in prelim. it'd be a handy thing to keep in your resume.

i did I.T; another vet course; in prelim. i didn't like it. was boring as i already knew everything in the course and yeah.
i had to do 1 week of work experience which allowed me to get a certificate from TAFE saying that i satisfactorily completed the course.

i also have a certificate for IT saying that i came first in the subject from my year with a quite embarassing result.

P

pLuvia

I'm not sure if you're allowed to take Fundamentals because you are doing Standard English. In my school only the ESL students are allowed to take it as like an extension to help them. And trust me, Fundamentals is a waste of time, I've looked at all their homework, it's basically "join these sentences together with however"

Economics requires a lot of memorising, quite a difficult subject

and scaling doesn't mean crap if u do good in a subject!
I second that, if you are doing well in that VET course, you might as well keep it

Riviet

HSC
N/A
There's a HSC subject selection guide that exists within these forums. You may find it here and it should be useful to you. :)

subjectiv

HSC
N/A
hahahahahaha. fancy seeing you here eric.

by the way, i think you should do eco. who's class are you gonna be in if you change? eco with qoys is actually really good. :lol:

D

dzzlng_07

heya sammy!
i go for bio!! choose bio! eco is toooo hard !!

hopeles5ly

Take Me Higher.
HSC
N/A
shinji said:
=/

economics is a subject that requires a lot of memorising of figures; numbers and facts. and scaling doesn't mean crap if u do good in a subject!

don't worry about the impression u make when u choose a subject; just choose subjects you like or know you'll excel in and then do those subjects at ur full potential.

you also get a tafe certificate if you complete the tafe course in prelim. it'd be a handy thing to keep in your resume.

i did I.T; another vet course; in prelim. i didn't like it. was boring as i already knew everything in the course and yeah.
i had to do 1 week of work experience which allowed me to get a certificate from TAFE saying that i satisfactorily completed the course.

i also have a certificate for IT saying that i came first in the subject from my year with a quite embarassing result.
what was the result? that reminds me of my SDD class. highest mark in the prelim exam was 40/100 and i think the person who came first got like 67% overall.

coolkoombaya

HSC
ha thanks for your help and input guys. you can do fundamentals if your doing standard, which i fink most ppl who do standard englsih in my school do fundamentals.

i actually chose biology in the end. i wish i had changed earlier, as i couldnt attend a mandatory excursion on friday. i coudlnt go on it, cos i wasnt enrolled into biology yet. about 30 mins later, i got into the course of biology, but couldnt go. friggin school. ><

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)