• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Subjects to drop in HSC year?? (1 Viewer)

legossip

HSC
So my preliminary subjects I've officially chosen are advanced English, economics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, 2 unit studies of religion (compulsory, catholic school). I was wondering is it possible to drop one unit of religion in year twelve?

HSC
yeah you can do sor 1 i do it :) but sor 2 scales soooooooo much better but its a shat load of work (double sor1)
you'll be left with 11 units and its up to you if you want to drop another subject instead like chem (might be difficult) or bio (A LOT of work to do and know)

Last edited:

enoilgam

HSC
So my preliminary subjects I've officially chosen are advanced English, economics, chemistry, biology, mathematics, 2 unit studies of religion (compulsory, catholic school). I was wondering is it possible to drop one unit of religion in year twelve?
Yes it is - I started in Year 11 with SOR II and dropped to SOR I. Whilst it doesnt scale great, SOR I is a decent back-up unit if you're carrying 11+ units (SOR II doesnt scale that much better I think).

simplyinsanity

HSC
What happens when you drop a subject? Like if you do fundamentals of enlgihs and drop it in year 12 would it count towards your atar or is it forever gone?
When you drop a subject, you career's adviser or whoever does this at your school will actually remove it from your school record. This means you will not be required to sit its HSC exam and subsequently it will not count towards your atar.

Also, hate to burst your bubble, but you can't drop english.

RealiseNothing

what is that?It is Cowpea
HSC
I wouldn't recommend going into year 11 thinking "I'm definitely going to drop subject X no matter what". Things happen, interests change, and you might end up liking a subject you though you would dislike, and vice versa.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)