• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Subjects (1 Viewer)

Meshy590

HSC
I am in Year 11 currently doing these subjects:

3U Maths
3U English
Chemistry
Physics
Business Studies
French Continuers,

which adds up to 14 units.

I am going to drop either business or physics soon, but I am not sure which to drop. I enjoy business more than physics (partially because the current physics content does not interest me). But I am worried that dropping physics will affect my atar, because physics scales better than business.

What should I do?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Keep Business. Scaling means nothing if you can't perform well in that subject.

han_premium

HSC
Have in mind that if you wish to do a science/engineering course in uni, they do favour physics over business, but seeing as you're doing chemistry as well, it shouldn't be too much of an issue, and my sentence will end here.

funnytomato

HSC
I am in Year 11 currently doing these subjects:

3U Maths
3U English
Chemistry
Physics
Business Studies
French Continuers,

which adds up to 14 units.

I am going to drop either business or physics soon, but I am not sure which to drop. I enjoy business more than physics (partially because the current physics content does not interest me). But I am worried that dropping physics will affect my atar, because physics scales better than business.

What should I do?
maybe a bit,but what sort of ATAR r u aiming for ?
like , you can only do well in it if you like it. at the end of the day, you could be even better off Atar-wise with the worse scaling subject you actually enjoy

Meshy590

HSC
maybe a bit,but what sort of ATAR r u aiming for ?
like , you can only do well in it if you like it. at the end of the day, you could be even better off Atar-wise with the worse scaling subject you actually enjoy
I am aiming for an ATAR of 95+

Gigacube

HSC
Do what you're more interested in as you'll be willing to work more for that subject. Don't feel forced to do a subject because of the scaling. An ATAR of 95+ is achievable with Business Studies.

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
I wouldn't worry about Business Studies scaling. All your other subjects are good scalers! I know someone who got a 99+ with Business Studies, and they didn't have as good scaling subjects as you for their others.

I say drop physics because you said you like Business more. 3U Eng, 3U Maths, french Continuers and Chem are all good scaling subjects which will most prob be time consuming. If you like Business and find it easier, it can mean less work in BS than you would have to put in physics to get the same result.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)