• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

sucess stories, tafe to uni? (1 Viewer)

mikael.cfc

HSC
hey im in year 12 and im not sure what i want to do yet, iv applied for uac and put my prefrences in, but i since i do a vet course accounting) im thinking of staying in tafe next year? with the thought of going to uni after that?
does any1 have any sucess stories from tafe to uni?

HSC
Well there would be many people who would successfully make this transition.

Example 1: Guy left school half way through Year 11. Completed Cert 3 and 4 in IT at TAFE. Now absolutely blitzing computer science at uni.

Example 2: Girl finished Year 12 without a UAI. Studied Japanese for a year at TAFE, now does Asian Studies at uni.

Of course you can do it successfully. Whether you do it or not is up to you.

mikael.cfc

HSC
ok thnks for that
, do you guys know if wollongong accept tafe students, bcoz i know uws does bcoz it says that on their site, but it dosent aY nything like this on the uow site, and do u guys know how hard it is to get a credit/distinction?

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
You can use a TAFE qualification to get what is called Advanced Standing in a degree, if it's somewhat relevant..

TAFE/AQF qualifications

The following qualifications may result in entry to some degrees:
Diploma (TAFE)
Advanced Diploma
Associate Diploma
Australian Qualifications Framework (AQF) Level IV Certificate (excluding trade certificates)

Admission is dependent on the completion of the course and the level of academic performance achieved. Advanced standing (credit transfer) may be granted for these awards (excluding Certificate IV). Contact UOW on 1300 367 869.

This is from the Mature Aged Students section of the UoW website Entry Pathways - Mature Students @ UOW feel free to give them a call on the above number, the people at UniAdvice are really helpful.

Davo1111

HSC
N/A
A friend of mine did uni @ UC, then after a year got a transfer straight over to ANU. They even accredited some of his courses as "general science units". so yes, it is possible

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)