• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Suggestions to Class of 2005.. (1 Viewer)

classics_chic

HSC
I'd recommend not doing more than 3 extension units in the HSC... I did 4 and it nearly killed me

I did:

Ancient and Extension History
Extension 2 English
Extension German
Studies of Religion I

It was fun, but, as I said, the workload was way too much!

I recommend to do what you enjoy, and as long as you're reasonably capable and actually study, the marks will follow!

J

jhakka

I greatly reget choosing Ancient. It's too late to drop now, too.

If you're creative, English Extension 2 is the best choice you can ever make.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
coroneos said:
The bigger picture??

I'll give u a few reasons why economics is better than physics/chem/bio. Just hear me out for a sec plz.

1. Economics is EASIER (seriously.. no bias) than ANY science subject offered for the HSC course.
2. The topics/sections of the Year 11/Year 12 syllabus are more interrelated and correlate more with each other. i.e. if you understand a bit from other topics, you can deduce what happens due to supply/demand diagram + basic knowledge and therefore not sit in exam room like a random fk (the case with physics).
3. In economics the complexity of concepts are nothing compared to complexity of some bs concepts in physics. There are no bs mathematical calculations or confusingly phrased questions in Physics or Chemistry.
4. Economics is better scaled than Physics/Chem or if not the same. (check BOS scaling thing!!)
5. It is INTERESTING :O lol.. srsly.. im not bsing..

I hope none of you choose to do a science over a humanities subject!!
your line of argument is im too stupid 2 do physics or chem and i cant get marks for bulls*iting in those subjects that i have 2 do eco so i can bulls*it in them and get a few extra marks.
hmmm
INTERESTING... lol not from what i hear . i luv studing atomic, and nuclear physics that is so mad, and that is related to chem heeps.
u also stated that eco is inter-related, i think u have lost the plot kid, not only are the science subjects inter-related within each other they are inter-related with the other sciences and doin all 3 helps u understand concepts.
u no wot i hope u do a Bat of Eco and then marster in actuarial studies, fail the course cos yu are 2 stupid and cant add, then become a manager at Macz 4 the rest of yur life and ern 40k a year, also have a hex fee which takes u 40 years 2 pay

coroneos

jhakka said:
I greatly reget choosing Ancient. It's too late to drop now, too.

If you're creative, English Extension 2 is the best choice you can ever make.

I Totally and undividedly agree with u! It is good 2 see that not everyone is fully promoting sciences!!

Sarah168

London Calling
HSC
You dont necessarily have to be imaginative for Ee2. Good time managment and a flair for english and writing. Critical responses are good too.

JamiL

in the northen hemisphere (who saids australia is
HSC
i no on this site is said standard and advanced english are scaled the same, no the common test is but the other paper isn, i asked my curiculum co-ordinator and he worked at the bos and told me it was a load of crock and (tryed to) explained it to me. its not as easy as it seem 2 be on this site

toryn

Queen of Failure
HSC
Well, JamiL, for your sake, I hope you're doing Standard. :D

Since this is one of those subject threads, let it now be said that anyone who claims that Art, Drama, Music, etc. are bludgy subjects has no idea what they're talking about (unless they handle strenuous amounts of 'creative' work with ease). It hasn't been said here yet, I'm just being pre-emptive.

Is pre-emptive a real word? I want a real English teacher...

afta???

HSC
you'll get a better teacher next or else ill b by ur side in yet another "petitioning a teacher away" thing our grade is famous for
as for the creative arts......i noe itz hard work even though i dont do it.....my friend stayed up so late last nite for her composition .....poor her

zergcave

HSC
i am further contributing to this list:

senior science

extension greek

or anything greek for that matter

music

hosp

SOCIETY AND CULTURE

abo studies

asian studies

zergcave

HSC
i wish to further contribute to this list:

senior science

extension greek

music

hosp

SOCIETY AND CULTURE

abo studies

asian studies

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
zergcave said:
i wish to further contribute to this list:

senior science

extension greek

music

hosp

SOCIETY AND CULTURE

abo studies

asian studies
Please let me add French Continuers to that list as well. It doesn't scale, like...at all. Don't whack me with anything, you freaky French buffs out there, it's just a personal opinion.

onigiri

HSC
coroneos said:
I hope none of you choose to do a science over a humanities subject!!
I choose chemistry over eco and business studies over physics.

afta???

HSC
onigiri said:
I choose chemistry over eco and business studies over physics.
that looks quite alright to me but i dont get y u did business...i reckon it is useless compared to eco

Kulazzi

HSC
i guess more business oriented ppl would choose biz studoes, as mentioned somewhere b4, eco is more maths focussed, i am more biz oriented than maths so thats y i chose biz studies instead of eco, it really depends on what you aspire to be in the future and what ur goals are really :)

afta???

HSC
if u want to set up a business mayb biz would help
but for a person like me that believes setting up your own business in australia is the most risky thing to do.........choose eco

onigiri

HSC
afta??? said:
that looks quite alright to me but i dont get y u did business...i reckon it is useless compared to eco
chem and eco was on the same line and so chem was my option no questions asked. business and physics were on a diff line... and cos i couldn't get eco i thought i would compensate my humanties subject with bus. i reckon my school should have put eco on another line cos if it were on the same line as bus i would have definately chose eco over it.

afta???

HSC
i think except for legal n geography (each one class) there were about two or three line with biz or eco..........

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)